MKDS (general DS games) gets error code 85020

MKDS (general DS games) gets error code 85020

Hey guys :D !

I don't know if there is already a thread like this, but I'll start anyway:

I play MKDS through a Flashcard using a DSi and I have a strong internet connection. But everytime, when I want to play MKDS online (or any DS game), it hangs then turns to a black screen with the error that the connection has been interupted (Error code 85020; sometimes 61020) :facepalm: . This is very annoying and other players experience that too (Discord)

On the Wiimmfi page it says, that...
      ...Error 85020 is a MASTER server error (server is down) and
      ...Error 61020 is a Gamespy maintenance error code

So, whats the problem of these servers? Are the server faults?

Thanks for answers!

Really no one?

Are there information about the issue now or not?
      Complaining that developers havent responded to your VERY IMPORTANT!!1 issue makes you seem like a prick, just saying.
      Anyways, error 85020 and 61020 is probably just you being too far from your router, the DS likes to drop a lot more if you're further away so try moving closer perhaps?

You get the errors because whatever server youre trying to connect to isnt reachable because your connection is too weak, so your game puts out that error. There's a reason Nintendo never told you specifically what those error codes mean, cause end-users often misinterpret what they mean.

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      85020 and 61020 are both issues due to your connection. Either your router is blocking something, you are too far away from the router, have a weird firewall, or have misconfigured something. There is nothing we can do about that.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

actually getting pissed is normal but you shouldnt direct your anger at the wiimmfi developers they're providing us a free service and are actually doing a pretty good job. if you want to blame someone it shouldnt be Nitendo after gamespy pulled the plug they just abandoned the WFC knowing quiet well its been used by millions of gamers all over the world. If it only affected the NDS i would have understood and said well its an old hand held but it affected the 3DS 2DS Wii and WiiU . Nitendo dont care about its customers i wont be suprised they brought out a new console superior to the switch and switch lite then shutdown the old servers

malekmaroc7 schrieb:

Hey guys :D !

I don't know if there is already a thread like this, but I'll start anyway:

I play MKDS through a Flashcard using a DSi and I have a strong internet connection. But everytime, when I want to play MKDS online (or any DS game), it hangs then turns to a black screen with the error that the connection has been interupted (Error code 85020; sometimes 61020) :facepalm: . This is very annoying and other players experience that too (Discord)

On the Wiimmfi page it says, that...
      ...Error 85020 is a MASTER server error (server is down) and
      ...Error 61020 is a Gamespy maintenance error code

So, whats the problem of these servers? Are the server faults?

Thanks for answers!

Really no one?

Are there information about the issue now or not?

lexander9 schrieb:

Hi, i have the exact same problem even when there are people listed on the Wiimmfi website it gives me a error code 85020
      any solution guys

if you obtain error code 85020 and 61020, it may seem like you have a router firewall or connection issue. I strongly urge to upgrade your router firmware.
      If that doesn't help, try setting your DMZ IP address to be your DS's.
      if that doesn't help either, i recommend flashing custom router firmware, like OpenWRT or DD-WRT. It did fix a similar issue I had in the past.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.