Mario Kart Wii Error

Mario Kart Wii Error

Hello, I tried to play an online game of Mario Kart Wii through CTGP-R and I keep getting the error code: 86030. I’ve been able to play for able 3 weeks but seemed to get the error yesterday out of the blue. I looked up what the error code means on the Wiimmfi error codes page and the error means “No DNS answer for NATNEG.“ I don’t really understand what this means...

I can connect fine to the Wiimmfi servers, the error happens when I confirm my character and it goes to the screen when searching for players.

Any ideas on how to fix it??

Much appreciated :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Hizard1980 ()

This usually means your router is blocking some packets.

Connecting to Wiimmfi requires normal HTTP and TCP connections, searching for players and actually playing requires lots of UDP connections. When these are blocked or don't arrive at their destination, that results in various different error messages while searching for players.

Check your routers web interface for any filter or stupid "security features", and/or try adding a port forwarding for your console port (22000 plus the last three digits of your console serial number).

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

This usually means your router is blocking some packets.

Connecting to Wiimmfi requires normal HTTP and TCP connections, searching for players and actually playing requires lots of UDP connections. When these are blocked or don't arrive at their destination, that results in various different error messages while searching for players.

Check your routers web interface for any filter or stupid "security features", and/or try adding a port forwarding for your console port (22000 plus the last three digits of your console serial number).
      You responded on my other thread, and my predicament remains the same: I cannot port forward on my network. That isn't an option. I am not in charge of my network. Can you tell me if there is either A. a way for me to check if my router is indeed blocking it or B. there exists a work-around that doesn't involve messing with my router settings? Would using the official Wii LAN adapter or the Nintendo USB Wifi Connector solve this? Or is there just nothing I can do?

As I mentioned, I wasn't having this issue a few months ago. Maybe the issue is that the Wiimmfi server changed its DNS back in December IIRC? I was playing online successfully before then.