Openhost and Worldwides

I would not want OpenHost disabled in public matches. If anything, maybe a new OpenHost setting is appropriate, where a user can select if they want blacklist mode in public matches or only in private ones.

Also I stand by the decisions I made in implementing VR search on CTWW. 80 seconds gives plenty of time for you to find an room whose host has similar VR to yours, or to create a new one with someone who's searching at the same time as you. Failing that, there probably isn't an appropriate room, and then what? Do we just have those people not play? Because a fair number of people really don't care about who they're playing with as long as they're playing with someone. It's as balanced as I can make it. Sure, things could be altered like increasing the time beyond 80 seconds, or increasing the acceptable VR range in stages, but the fundamental idea is, in my opinion, the only fair way of doing it. Not everything is about the competitive scene, just as not everything is about the casual scene, and you'd all do well to remember that.

MrBean35000vr schrieb:

I would not want OpenHost disabled in public matches. If anything, maybe a new OpenHost setting is appropriate, where a user can select if they want blacklist mode in public matches or only in private ones.

Also I stand by the decisions I made in implementing VR search on CTWW. 80 seconds gives plenty of time for you to find an room whose host has similar VR to yours, or to create a new one with someone who's searching at the same time as you. Failing that, there probably isn't an appropriate room, and then what? Do we just have those people not play? Because a fair number of people really don't care about who they're playing with as long as they're playing with someone. It's as balanced as I can make it. Sure, things could be altered like increasing the time beyond 80 seconds, or increasing the acceptable VR range in stages, but the fundamental idea is, in my opinion, the only fair way of doing it. Not everything is about the competitive scene, just as not everything is about the casual scene, and you'd all do well to remember that.
      I really do think that for regular worldwides at least, that allowing people to join on the voting screen would improve the server sided VR search a lot, as right now if there are rooms that are suitable for a player, but they just so happen to be on suspend, the vr search just ignores it and throws them into a room that probably isnt fit for them.
      That idea for a new OpenHost setting is actually really, really good. Why couldn't I think of that?

I'll support any kinds of alternations to VR search that are able to make this range of VR in rooms more common:

I believe that there's more than one way to reach a goal. Whichever way reaches that goal in the least destructive way I'm all for it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Maidvelia ()

Hey. Thought id just quickly mention. Back in 2012-13 worldwides were at its peak, and at the time, the openhost settings were as theyre becoming now. Maintaining a good/active roster caused some of the greatest wws. I feel this could be a great step for wws back to how it was (or upgraded from what it was). I do agree with beans solution also

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von season. ()

Hello im just mkwii player
      i play mogi and same war, and ww. but The main play is wwing(I don't like team competitions like mogi)
      It may be a topic that has already ended, but I want to write what I think recently

I was enabled open host during a single streaming and once a 6k5k player has joined through me.
      Of course the good room was broken and since then I have disabled open host.

also a have problem too with players coming to harass with low vr
      (trolling...and spam shocks... and other)

The basic opinion agrees with Bean, but it's still sad to not have a 9k8k player trying to enter a room with an open host in the room
      In addition, I think it would be better to add system messages like MattL
      (Your VR is too low to join this Worldwide room. Please try searching for a Worldwide using the regular Worldwide feature)

As with the matching system, we hope this creates a good rooms.
      Thanks for reading,sorry bad english.cuz im japanese