Can someone help with a game that I have an idea for?

Can someone help with a game that I have an idea for?

Hello,

I have a great idea for a new game for the Wii that you can install through WiiFlow. Ultimately I would like it to end up as a .iso or .wbfs. Basically it's a battle royale game you can play with bots or with other players online. You use your mii, and the map is Wuhu Island. I call it: Wuhu Battle Royale! I have some basic controls down for it, here they are. NOTE: You would need a Nunchuck to play.

Wiimote controls:
      D-pad up: build stairs
      D-pad down: build platform
      D-pad left: switch item slot left
      D-pad right- switch item slot right
      A- Press once to start moving, character follows pointer. Press again to stop.
      B- Crouch/stand up
      1- Reload
      2- Dance menu
      +:Pause game
      -:Nothing

Nunchuck comtrols:
      Joystick- look around
      C-build wall
      Z-Shoot

I know this sounds like a HUGE undertaking, but if you can somehow dissect the Wii Sports Resort game file and find the main map, then just code everything else, it should be fine. If anyone's looking to code something, here you go. Also, it's not like only one person can do this. If you feel like you want to do it, reply to this thread with your questions/thoughts/ideas.
      This could be Homebrew's next big hit!

P.S: I don't code very much so don't ask me for any sort of coding help. I can, however, provide you with ideas for the actual game.

Thanks so much for reading this, and I hope you will consider working on this with me. 8)

Sincerely,
      Nathan Adamson
      I don't think you are going to find anyone that completely develops your game for you while you only provide a vague idea. It's not as easy as "find the main map then code everything else".

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

I don't think you are going to find anyone that completely develops your game for you while you only provide a vague idea. It's not as easy as "find the main map then code everything else".
      Maybe so... just an idea that I thought I'd put out there if someone was bored and wanted to code it.

I realize it's not that easy, I just thought it would be a cool project. If I wanted to code it, where could I get started? I've done some research and found nothing useful about creating your own .wbfs or .iso files. I also have found nothing about how to "dissect" Wii Sports Resort in order to find the map files. I ripped a .iso file of it, and I looked through it with WinISO. It all looked like complete gibberish to me, here's some screenshots.
      Bilder
      • wsr_ss.PNG

120,22 kB, 973×487, 175 mal angesehen
      • wsr_ss2.PNG

150,1 kB, 988×610, 179 mal angesehen
      Maybe it is in "\FILES\STAGE" but I think it is not a standalone file or it is not so easy named. I am so far away from Wii homebrews but I think I can remember that in homebrew folders is ever a .elf and .boot file and some sorce files. .iso and .wbfs files are images from discs and/or archives you do not need if you write your own game (homebrew).
      Der Teufel steckt im Detail.

Timonson schrieb:

Maybe it is in "\FILES\STAGE" but I think it is not a standalone file or it is not so easy named. I am so far away from Wii homebrews but I think I can remember that in homebrew folders is ever a .elf and .boot file and some sorce files. .iso and .wbfs files are images from discs and/or archives you do not need if you write your own game (homebrew).
      That might be true. Could you point me in a direction where I could learn to write my own homebrew game? I can't afford the compilation fee for devkitPPC, so that's probably out of the picture.
      Thought DevKitPro was free? Just install using the DKP Installer.
      Anyways, pretty sure there's a good parted series about developing in PPC Assembly. Can't find it though.
      You can also try using the PPC Assembly intro that's on the IBM Developer website.
      And also there's the page about it on WiiBrew which contains a link to a page containing links to tutorials that seem pretty useful and also a link to another page containing a list of dev tools you can use. And maybe an SDK can help too if you can somehow get your hands on one, won't link one though.