Connecting to HG on a 3DS yields 52100

Connecting to HG on a 3DS yields 52100

First off, I want to say I found this community today by accident and I think what you're doing is AMAZING. Thank you for keeping my nostalgia alive.

I looked through the forums and read through a lot of posts talking about the 52100 Error, but unfortunately nothing worked for me so far.

My Setup:
      - 3DS (not modified in any way)
      - HG Cartridge (not modified in any way, recent playthrough, no cheats)
      - FritzBox 7530 as my main router
      - Pocophone F1 (Android-Phone, MIUI 11) with an open hotspot

What I tried:
      - Entering the primary DNS IPs 164.132.44.106 / 178.62.43.212 and every combination of secondary IPs (0.0.0.0 / 1.1.1.1 / 8.8.8.8)
      - Setting up a custom DNS on my phone with DNS66 from the F-Droid-Store
      - Entering above mentioned DNS combinations into my Router
      - Restarting my 3DS (several times)

Networks aren't really my thing, but essencially here's what I think could be going wrong, but I have no idea how to fix it:
      - I've read somewhere that I need a 802.11b-connection. Is this achievable by using a cheap Android-Phone or potentially a custom ROM for my phone?
      - From what I've seen in the forums 52100 has to do with my DNS-Settings, which is the reason why I tried manually setting the DNS-IPs on every other device, hoping it would stop any form of override. Could this problem still be related to any overrides coming from my phone or my router?

Other than that I'm all out of clues right now. There are a lot of things to try out and maybe one of you can show me the obvious, silly mistake I overlooked or just point me in the right direction.

I'd be very thankful for your support and again - I'm absolutely amazed this community exists.
      Thanks in advance!
      Hi, guys:

How are y'all doing during this quarantine? Safe? Bored(maybe)? Alive? I hope so. I have the same issue on my Nintendo DS.

I can't connect to Wiimmfi's game server and play Mario Kart DS (or at least try). The same goes for Advance Wars - Days of Ruin. I've tried 164.132.44.106 as the primary DNS. It didn't work. 95.217.77.151 doesn't work either. I've also tried changing my smartphone's DNS settings, and it still gives me the error: "Connected to access point but unable to connect to the server."

I'm working through the University's network, so are there any suggestions, folks?

Thanks for your time, and I hope to see/hear that you survived 2020.

Sincerely,

SMBB
      E-I-T