Wiimmfi connexion Pokemon Gen 4 (Diamond / HG)

Wiimmfi connexion Pokemon Gen 4 (Diamond / HG)

Hello !

I hope you all fine during this confinement.

I have a problem connecting to DS / 3DS servers to play Pokemon gen 4 Diamond or HG.

I want to play WIFI on Diamond Pokemon (Battle Tower) in order to obtain the "World ability Ribbon".

I have tested most of the Fanmade servers (code DNS), however nothing works. The following error message appears are :
      - With AR Patche : "Cannot connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (20100)".
      - Without AR : " "The servers for this game have been closed (20110)'.

However, the connection tests in the DS menu work. I specify that I did the test with and without AR, On DS and 2DS.

Can you help me ? Thank you so much!

PS : If you help me i can give you Rayquaza Shiny ! :)
      I'm fairly new to Wiimmfi myself, so take anything I say with a few 20lb cases of salt...

I had issues connecting to Wiimmfi with Pokémon HeartGold myself, even though I was using the proper DNS entry in my DS until I did a few things.

First, I have an old wi-fi router from 2006, so I set that up as a wi-fi specifically for my DS to use exclusively, so there is no conflict over the wi-fi, no conflict with WPA (since the DS can't do WPA, it only can use WEP which is not nearly as secure), I can use MAC Address Filtering to make sure nothing BUT my DS can connect, and I can turn it off when I don't want to use it. All of those things help limit my exposure to someone else getting onto my network and trying to hack me from my driveway.

Second, you HAVE to double-check the DNS settings on your DS to make sure it's pointed to the right server. If you have to, delete your wi-fi settings completely and create a new one from scratch. Make SURE the connection tests successfully.

Third, if you have ANY friend codes registered to your Pal Pad that did not come from the Wiimmfi servers, it will throw a 7xxxx error, like it did me. I couldn't connect Pokémon HeartGold to Wiimmfi until I had cleared my Pal Pad. Once I had done that, the Plaza works just fine. Keep in mind that every time you try to go on Wi-fi using a different DS or 2DS or 3DS or whatever, you change out your Friend Code, which probably means your entire Pal Pad list is messed up. The Friend Codes are stored on the game save itself, not the DS, so you can't just switch the game cart back and forth between different units. Get ONE working properly, because that will limit the number of issues you introduce to the problem and make it harder to find out exactly what's going on.

I don't know if it matters, but I'm using a genuine copy of HeartGold with no patching involved - only the DNS IP was used.

RetroGuy