[BETA] Error 60000 fix for all Wii games

[BETA] Error 60000 fix for all Wii games

Currently, when you try to connect to Wiimmfi with a game other than Mario Kart Wii with a friend code that was assigned by the original Nintendo servers, you will probably get error code 60000.

Error code 60000 means the server doesn't know what your friend code is, and the game refuses to accept the newly assigned friend code by Wiimmfi as it knows that it already has a different friend code.
      For Mario Kart Wii, we've fixed that with the patcher update in 2018, so for Mario Kart Wii the error 60000 is already long gone.

Not so much for other games, the only easy solution until now was to delete your savegame to get a new friend code. I'm hoping to be able to change that with this beta test.

While the fix for error 60000 which we developed for Mario Kart Wii could manually be adapted for other games, that would be lots of work. It would require porting that patch to a bunch of different games and regions. What I tried is to make a small program that reads the main.dol file of a Wii game, and can then auto-generate a gecko cheat code for this particular game, containing the error 60000 fix.

I have run that program over a couple games I had laying around, and it was able to create patch cheat codes for all of them. I haven't been able to test them much, as I don't have any savegames that still result in error 60000, so this isn't really tested much.

If you want to test this, you need A) a copy of your savegame, just in case something goes wrong and the patch breaks or corrupts your savegame, and B) the DOL file of your game which you can extract from an ISO or WBFS file using WIT ( wit.wiimm.de/ )

Instructions:

1. Make a backup of your savegame using tools like Savegame Manager GX
      2. If you haven't done that already, make a dump of your game disc using tools like Cleanrip and copy it to your computer
      3. Install WIT ( wit.wiimm.de ) if not already installed, then extract the game using wit extract game.iso folder, replacing "game.iso" with the file name of your game image.
      4. Copy the main.dol file from folder/sys to a folder where you'll find it again.
      5. Download the tool from the attachment of this post and extract that to the same folder.
      6. Open a command line in the folder where the tool and the DOL file is, and execute the program with the file name as first and only parameter.
        If you are using Windows, that'll most likely be 60000-cheatcode-generator-win64.exe main.dol
      7. If the tool outputs "Can't find X" and an error message, it looks like the tool doesn't work with your game (yet). Let me know what game you tried and I'll try adding support for that game.
      8. If the tool does support your game, it'll output something like "Found GetUserID v1, loginStatePtr v1, InvalidGSID v1" (maybe with other version numbers) and a cheat code
      9. You can now start the game with that cheat code applied (using tools like GeckoOS or a USB-Loader, like you would use any other cheat code)
      10. While the cheat code is enabled, the game should now blindly accept the friend code sent by the server and should no longer complain with error 60000. After you've connected to Wiimmfi once and successfully received a new friend code, you can remove the cheat code again - the patch is only needed once.

Confirmed working in the following games:
      • Mario Kart Wii (code not needed, already implemented in the Wiimmfi update) [v1, v1, v1]
      • Animal Crossing Wii
      • Deca Sports 2
      • Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
      • Naruto Genkitou: Ninja Taisen Special
      • Pokemon Battle Revolution
      • Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
      • Super Smash Bros Brawl
      • The Last Story

Confirmed non-working in the following games:

• -

If you've tested the patch with a game not on these lists yet, please post here, tell what game it is, what the tool displayed (especially the three version numbers) and if the patch worked or not. That way I can add the game to the compatibility list above, or try to fix the tool if it doesn't work with your game.
      Dateien

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

I have the recent error in these games:

-Naruto shippuden clash of ninja revolution 3

-Naruto genkitou: ninja taisen special

-The last story Pal

I will try this solution because I don't know why wiimmfi gives me this error now, years playing with wiimmfi and in the middle of 2020 it won't let me access my profiles

I would hate to have to reset my data from my online profiles.

I am top 1 and 2 in the world ranking, of these games. many hours of play to waste creating another profile, also it took me years in wiimmfi to get it
      @Leseratte

Sorry for the doble post

* I just tested the tutorial with these games and it only worked with

-Naruto shippuden clash of ninja revolution 3 [RNEEDA] IS NTSC

* With these games I have the error 60000 I could not fix them even I had no errors in the tutorial

-Naruto genkitou: ninja taisen special [SNXJDA] IS JAP

-The last story[SLSP01] IS PAL

When I start in online mode, the wii freezes

Do you know what is it??

another thing, when I open the 60000-cheatcode-generator-win32.exe main.dol (in my case) with the dol file
      the program opens and closes immediately (too fast for the eye) so I have to take a screenshot at it and then pass the code manually
      a friend downloaded this program and it happens exactly the same
      Would you mind testing this version and see if that works better?

EDIT: Test version removed, use the one from the 1st post.

I can test whatever, no problem

As for the file, the same thing happens: here is a video:

Note: This video will be loaded from YouTube, which causes some data, including but not limited to your IP, User Agent and Referrer, to be sent to YouTube servers. For more information see the Privacy Policy. By pressing the "play" button you automatically enable embedding YouTube videos for the future.

Hinweis: Dieses Video wird von YouTube geladen. Dabei werden einige Daten, unter anderem Ihre IP, Ihr User Agent und der Referrer an YouTube-Server gesendet. Für weitere Details lesen Sie bitte die Datenschutzerklärung. Wenn Sie den Play-Button anklicken, erlauben Sie damit automatisch das Einbinden von YouTube-Videos für die Zukunft.

I was able to record what happens when I run the dol with the program
      Yeah, the tool is a command line tool, it's supposed to be run from the command line, not by drag and drop. I'll try to make that work as well later.
      I've sent you the two updated cheat codes in your private message, just see if these cheatcodes work.

Here is the result for PBR:
      G:\Pokemon Battle Revolution [RPBE01]>60000-cheatcode-generator-win64.exe main.dol
      Found GetUserID v1, loginStatePtr v1.1, InvalidGSID v1
      Wii offsets: 80339168 (0) 80325b80
      is_r13: 1, data: 806dafe0
      =====================================
      Analysis done.
      [60000 fix - Leseratte]
      04325b80 480135e9
      C2325b84 00000007
      80edafe0 60000000
      60000000 38000003
      90070004 60630800
      90670040 90870044
      8087001c 8064000c
      90670048 38600001
      90640020 00000000
      04325b88 48000070

Confirmed to work once you properly create the cheat file using the output.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von JimmieJoe ()

Hi, I am having problems using this with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I spent the last bit of time combining the .iso files I got after taking a rip using CleanRip. I have it named RSBE01.iso in a folder named RSBE01

I opened the command prompt and immediately typed "wit extract RSBE01.iso folder" and the command prompt said
      "***** wit: Wiimms ISO Tool v3.03a r8245 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2020-08-03 *****
      !! wit: ERROR #76 [CAN'T OPEN FILE] in SetupReadSF() @ src/lib-sf.c#447
      !! Can't open file: RSBE01.iso"

What am I doing wrong? I am really confused and cannot seem to find an answer or a YouTube tutorial or anything on this. I just want to play SSBB online lol.
      Are you in the correct folder? You usually need to use cd to change to the folder your file is in so the command line knows where the file is.

That worked, but how do I make my own cheat code file? I've never even used downloaded cheat codes.

EDIT: Yes I got the code by the way, I just don't know how to get either Gecko or USB Loader GX to see it or what to do with it.

I got it working with the MkWii resources I found online. I just had to do some extra digging.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von DrRubix1712 ()

I tried this method with Excitebike World Rally, with the whole .wad file and each of the files I got after extracting it, since I wasn't sure which one is used for WiiWare games.

I got this message with all of them:

Can't find GetUserID

Either this game doesn't have an online mode, or it is
      not yet supported by this tool. If this game is supported
      on Wiimmfi, please contact Leseratte.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Mawioc Udwoc () aus folgendem Grund: I ended up trying it myself.

Leseratte schrieb:

Confirmed working in the following games:

• Super Smash Bros Brawl

Hi, I signed up just to thank you and confirm that the procedure still works.
      Can i publish the code i found for super smash bros?
      I am using dolphin 5.0-13963 on macos 11.2.3
      I used the linux version of your program on an ubuntu 18.04 docker image.

Super Smash Bros.Brawl EUR (dumped from my disc and patched for wiimmfi)

Quellcode

1. [60000 fix - Leseratte]
      2. 04339478 48019b39
      3. c233947c 00000007
      4. 80edca20 60000000
      5. 60000000 38000003
      6. 90070004 60630800
      7. 90670040 90870044
      8. 8087001c 8064000c
      9. 90670048 38600001
      10. 90640020 00000000
      11. 04339480 48000070
      Alles anzeigen
      This seems interesting. Is there a possibility that this will be implemented into the wiimmfi patcher? (as in a database of these codes being searched and applied per-game)
      Here's some of my Friend Codes! Tell me if you added me on my wall
      Wii U NNID: Coolnez
      3DS: 2449-5880-8626
      Spoiler anzeigen
      :Smiley_v3_Nintendo_Wii: Wii Games:
      :Smilie_v2_Mario: Mario Kart Wii: 3871-4720-7878 (Openhost: ON)
      :Smilie_v2_Luigi: CTGP Revaluation: 0864-9950-7470 (Openhost: ON)
      :smilie_diddy: Mario Strikers Charged: 2711-8308-9743 (Openhost OFF)
      :smilie_ssbmlogo: Super Smash Bros Brawl: 4601-6166-4309 Name: Nez (Openhost: ON)
      Main: :smilie_marth:
      :Smilie_v2_Tom_Nook: Animal Crossing City Folk: 1165-6432-3151
      Town: Subspace

Name: Coolnez
      :smilie_exclaim: Fortune Street: 2454-1330-4787 (Openhost: OFF)
      :Smilie_v2_Pokeball: Pokemon Battle Revolution: 5374-7108-0135(Openhost: OFF)

:Smiley_Wii_Classic_Controller: Wiiware Games:

:smilie_drmario: Dr.Mario Online RX: 7439-2636-4202 (Openhost: OFF)
      :smilie_bob-omb: Bomberman Blast: 4472-7676-5233 (Openhost: OFF)
      :33px-WiiWiFi.svg: Wii Message Board Code : 7530-4538-1888-8175
      Just wanted to login to say thank you. I started looking into this error again and see this. Now I can play smash bros again without deleting my save file.

this is the code I got for the ntsc version of the game for anyone interested.

super smash bros brawl

[60000 fix - Leseratte]
      04338ccc 48019e99
      C2338cd0 00000007
      80edcb60 60000000
      60000000 38000003
      90070004 60630800
      90670040 90870044
      8087001c 8064000c
      90670048 38600001
      90640020 00000000
      04338cd4 48000070
      Hi, managed to get my code for Animal Crossing City Folk. However, I'm not sure how to run both the cheat code with Gecko but also patch with Auto Wiimmfi Patcher at the same time. I can do both individually but I either get 60000 with Wiimmfi only or 23400 with Gecko only. Would anyone know how to do this?

Leseratte schrieb:

Easiest is probably using a tool like USB Loader GX which can apply Gecko codes and a Wiimmfi patch at the same time.
      Thanks for your response,
      Unfortunately it seems like USB Loader GX requires cIOS, and I would really prefer to not mess with the Wii too much.

I'm trying to play online with my less tech savvy, older family members (we used to play ACCF years ago together online), and I'm trying to make an SD card "package" with all the homebrew apps and codes ready for them to just plug and go. We also all already have physical discs.

Would you happen to know any other methods? Would there be a Gecko code for Wiimmfi maybe, so they could both be enabled at once?
      Hello. I’m new to this forum but I needed to reply to this thread so I can get a little bit of help if I could. I’m trying to get smash online with the patcher, and I really don’t want to have to delete my save because I have a lot of progress on it. I used the 60000 fix tool, but I don’t know what to do after that. I was able to extract the ISO, and I converted it back to a WBFS format with Wii Backup Manager, after patching the correct main.dol file. How do I load it with the Wii? I may have messed up somewhere, as I got two WBFS files (one in WBFS format and another in WBF1 format). I do still have the original ISO I got when I used CleanRip in case I have to start over. I tried using WiiFlow to load it off the SD card but it just loads it off the disc, or freezes up if the disc is not inserted. How do I get it to load off the SD card (or off a USB drive) long enough to connect and fix the 60000 error? I tried loading it with the Wiimmfi patcher but I get a different error about the service being busy or down

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von TaylorFan01313 ()

This tool doesn't patch the main.dol. It only uses information from the main.dol to generate the cheat code that it displayed. There's no need to convert that DOL back into an image.

You did get one wbfs and one wbf1 file because SSBB is larger than 4GB and some file systems (like FAT32) only support files up to 4GB so it was split into two.

You would need to start the original (Wiimmfi-patched) SSBB copy with a USB loader or any other application that allows you to load a Wiimmfi patch and a cheat at the same time. Using WiiFlow should normally work, though. Do you have cIOSes installed on the Wii? These are required to load games from USB or SD.