Error Code 23918

Error Code 23918

Hi everyone,

I have been out of the Mario Kart scene for about 7 years and finally decided to get back into playing. I followed several YouTube tutorials to set up Dolphin Emulator to cooperate with Wiimfi, but after waiting 7 days for my "console" to be activated, I seem to consistently get error 23918 when trying to connect to Wiimfi. To my knowledge, it seems like I need to do something with my Wii NAND? I have a clean SD card and my Wii turns on and functions, but I can't connect to wifi since my router is running at 802.11n. Assuming that getting a back up of my Wii NAND is the fix for my issue, doesn't BootMii use wifi to create the backup? If there are any ways around this, any information is helpful. I have little to no knowledge on how to set up Wiimfi or anything to do with Homebrew in general, considering the last time I played Mario Kart I was 11 years old.

Thanks
      Exactly, to connect to Wiimmfi using Dolphin you need a NAND Backup from a Wii.

Bootmii doesn't use WiFi for anything, it just reads the NAND and stores it on the SD card. If you have the Homebrew Channel and Bootmii installed, just press HOME in the channel and start Bootmii, then make a backup.

If not, follow the tutorial at wii.guide/ until you've done the step "Bootmii Backup".

Then make sure you are using a recent version of Dolphin (not the old 5.0 stable), then go to "Tools" -> "Manage NAND" -> "Import BootMii NAND Backup" and select the NAND file from the SD card.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

Exactly, to connect to Wiimmfi using Dolphin you need a NAND Backup from a Wii.

Bootmii doesn't use WiFi for anything, it just reads the NAND and stores it on the SD card. If you have the Homebrew Channel and Bootmii installed, just press HOME in the channel and start Bootmii, then make a backup.

If not, follow the tutorial at wii.guide/ until you've done the step "Bootmii Backup".

Then make sure you are using a recent version of Dolphin (not the old 5.0 stable), then go to "Tools" -> "Manage NAND" -> "Import BootMii NAND Backup" and select the NAND file from the SD card.
      I do have an outdated version of Homebrew installed and when I press HOME in the channel and click "Launch Bootmii," my disc drive just blinks repeatedly with my screen providing no visuals. Again, I've lost the original SD card that went with my Wii, so if the channel is scanning for files on my SD card (I'm unsure of how the process works, I'm just guessing) it isn't finding the required files to create the backup.
      You are probably missing the bootmii files on the SD card. Try extracting this ZIP into the root of your SD card.
      Dateien
      • bootmii.zip

(337,2 kB, 124 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

You are probably missing the bootmii files on the SD card. Try extracting this ZIP into the root of your SD card.
      I appreciate your ongoing support! I've encountered another issue, unfortunately. When trying to extract to the root of my SD card, or preform any function on the SD card, I am given the following error:

I followed several tutorials to fix this issue, and thought I found the fix:

However, this didn't work for me. I've made sure that my SD card is in the unlocked position (I even tried writing files on it in both the locked and unlocked positions to make sure I was doing it correctly.) I am consistently given this information, ensuring that I've followed the steps correctly, but I still have an inability to write files on the card:

Read-only: No but Current Read Only State: Yes