Error 23400 for games with official servers

Error 23400 for games with official servers

Doesn't really have anything to do with Wiimmfi, but I wanted to post it here anyways:

Yesterday, Nintendo broke the configuration of their Wii login server which is still used for the few Wii games that still have an official online mode (like the Call of Duty variants). I have no idea if they are planning to fix that, but in the meantime, there's a way to get around that using a cheat code.

If you are playing Wii games online that still have their official online servers, and you now get error code 23400 when connecting, check the following list of patches made by InvoxiPlayGames to see if there's a fix for your game yet:

Quellcode

1. Call of Duty Black Ops [SC7x52] (Region Free)
      2. Remove 2nd Host Header [IPG]
      3. 0423C954 41414141
      4. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex [RJAx52] (Region Free)
      5. Remove 2nd Host Header [IPG]
      6. 041B838C 41414141
      7. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 [SM8x52] (Region Free)
      8. Remove 2nd Host Header [IPG]
      9. 04238C74 41414141
      10. Rock Band 3 [SZBx69] (Region Free)
      11. Remove 2nd Host Header [IPG]
      12. 048E3B20 41414141
      13. The Beatles: Rock Band [R9Jx69] (Region Free)
      14. Remove 2nd Host Header [IPG]
      15. 048D6934 41414141
      16. (Update 15th July 2020: Nintendo made a server-side change at around 9:00 PM BST that broke the previous codes)
      Alles anzeigen

Source: invoxiplaygames.uk/wfcfixcodes.txt

Just apply the cheat code like any other gecko code and you'll get online again.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

It's really disappointing that Nintendo haven't fixed it after almost 2 days now, it's affecting the player numbers of some of these games (Modern Warfare 3, at the time of making this post, has no players online, when normally you're at least able to find 1 room at this time)

Funnily enough, this means games that are discontinued don't show the discontinued error message with error 20110, they show error code 23400 too.

dookie91 schrieb:

Hello guys. I need some help with using codes. I've recently installed Rock Band 3 DLC but I can't download the songs to the game because of this Error. How can I apply the codes? I'm a real beginner. I'd appreciate your help a lot!
      Unfortunately, the Wii Shop no longer functions, so you can't install the DLCs through the game anymore, not even with the help of these codes. Sorry.
      Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, as this isn't directly related to Wiimmfi's servers, but I noticed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex throws out error 20100 (Unable to connect to the Internet) when attempting to connect online using InvoxiPlayGames' code and RiiConnect24's DNS (164.132.44.106). This is the only COD title I am able to test, and other Wiimmfi games work fine. Switching over to another Internet Connection profile that uses Google's public DNS Servers allow the game to connect.

I recall that the COD games would connect before with RC24's DNS, so I don't know if there was a recent change made to RC24 that is preventing the game from connecting by design, and just wanted to get some clarification if that is the case.

Thanks.

lex_21 schrieb:

I recall that the COD games would connect before with RC24's DNS, so I don't know if there was a recent change made to RC24 that is preventing the game from connecting by design, and just wanted to get some clarification if that is the case.
      RiiConnect24's DNS likely changes Nintendo's Login Server (naswii) to direct towards Wiimmfi's instead, rather than to official Nintendo servers. You can't play Call of Duty using the fix codes if you're using RiiConnect24's DNS.
      Perhaps it may be an error on my end.

I am launching the game through USB Loader GX, and I have Ocarina turned off for the game and private server off as well.

Just now, to make sure it wasn't reading codes stored off of the SD Card, I downloaded a new copy of USB Loader GX on to a USB Drive and removed the SD Card from the console (there are no codes on the USB Drive, and normally I launch USB Loader GX off of the SD card), and I connected online just fine. This was with Google's DNS, if that makes any difference.

Does the MWR save file keep any of the changes that the codes trigger even when they aren't used later on? Or does the version of USB Loader GX that is linked on the Wiimmfi home page enable codes even when they aren't present?

I even tried to load a non-CoD game as well off of the new instance of USB Loader GX on the USB Drive, with all of the Wiimmfi/Private server settings set to OFF, and was NOT able to get online, encountering the high volume traffic error instead, but MWR connects just fine.

EDIT: Reason for testing a non-CoD game was to ensure that USB Loader GX wasn't applying some sort of fix even the settings were set to off.
      I believe these cheat codes are included in some USB loaders. No idea what setting enables or disables that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're just enabled by default since there's no harm in doing that.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()