86420 and Connection Failures with Several Players

86420 and Connection Failures with Several Players

Hello,

Looking for some networking help / troubleshooting. Upon first getting 86420 a few months back I manually assigned network settings for my wii u with the IP address having a buffer of 20 at the end as well as maintaining an ethernet connection. On top of that I set up port forwarding based on the last 3 digits of my wii u serial number. For a while I wasn't having any issues but now have started having some issues again. I checked my ip on my computer which is also connected via ethernet and it hasn't changed. Looking for any ideas anyone has here that could help change that. Feel free to also message me on discord Wally#5012 if that's easier as well.

Thanks!

Wally_me schrieb:

Hello,

Looking for some networking help / troubleshooting. Upon first getting 86420 a few months back I manually assigned network settings for my wii u with the IP address having a buffer of 20 at the end as well as maintaining an ethernet connection. On top of that I set up port forwarding based on the last 3 digits of my wii u serial number. For a while I wasn't having any issues but now have started having some issues again. I checked my ip on my computer which is also connected via ethernet and it hasn't changed. Looking for any ideas anyone has here that could help change that. Feel free to also message me on discord Wally#5012 if that's easier as well.

Thanks!
      Check if any application or device on your home network isn't by chance using the ports before your Wii. If enabled, please disable uPnP / NAT-PMP, and DMZ and reconnect / restart your Wii and try again.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

Wally_me schrieb:

Reboot schrieb:

Check if any application or device on your home network isn't by chance using the ports before your Wii. If enabled, please disable uPnP / NAT-PMP, and DMZ and reconnect / restart your Wii and try again.
      Thank you for the response! Just to confirm you're talking router settings for uPnP, correct? I just disabled that and will try here in a bit.
      Yeah, and NAT-PMP if applicable. If you have DMZ enabled, no device on your router will be able to provide a port to connect to from the outside internet, except for a single device listed as the DMZ target or host device.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

Reboot schrieb:

Wally_me schrieb:

Reboot schrieb:

Thank you for the response! Just to confirm you're talking router settings for uPnP, correct? I just disabled that and will try here in a bit.
      Yeah, and NAT-PMP if applicable. If you have DMZ enabled, no device on your router will be able to provide a port to connect to from the outside internet, except for a single device listed as the DMZ target or host device.

For reference this is how friend rooms look for me right now.

I see these under NAT:

Do I disable all of them?

Wally_me schrieb:

Reboot schrieb:

Wally_me schrieb:

Reboot schrieb:

I see these under NAT:

try disabling all of them, and double-check if port forwarding is enabled and your Wii's designated port is assigned. If this doesn't work, try putting your Wii in DMZ mode

Reboot schrieb:

Wally_me schrieb:

Reboot schrieb:

Wally_me schrieb:

Reboot schrieb:

I see these under NAT:

try disabling all of them, and double-check if port forwarding is enabled and your Wii's designated port is assigned. If this doesn't work, try putting your Wii in DMZ mode
      Disabling all of them causes certain applications and sites not to work. Twitch, Netflix, Discord all no longer function when all are disabled. I turned on IPv4 DMZ with the manually assigned IP address on my wiiu and first worldwide shows no connection fail. I know it's not the best way to test but it's something. I'll keep you updated if I see other connection fails in rooms. In the meantime, thank you so much for your help so far! I hope this is the fix!