Problems connecting to house mate

Problems connecting to house mate

When me or my house mate are playing on a public room and try to join each other it often fails to connect.

This is not an issue for my other friends, this appears to be because we're using the same internet connection. I should also note we're using the same Wii NAND on Dolphin.

I assume the default UDP behaviour is to use the last 3 digits of the console serial number for a unique port, I guess this is why we have problems?

I've set this to 0 now, is there anything else I could be doing?

Thanks
      No, it doesn't. Wiimmfi only kicks you if you're using the same in-game friend code. It is possible (and allowed) to use one NAND multiple times at once.

As for the connection issue, routers are supposed to support multiple devices using the same port, so in theory, this should work. It's possible that your router doesn't properly support this, in which case setting the port to 0 on the Wiimmfi page (which you've already done) can help.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

No, it doesn't. Wiimmfi only kicks you if you're using the same in-game friend code. It is possible (and allowed) to use one NAND multiple times at once.

As for the connection issue, routers are supposed to support multiple devices using the same port, so in theory, this should work. It's possible that your router doesn't properly support this, in which case setting the port to 0 on the Wiimmfi page (which you've already done) can help.
      Thank you, it does seem changing the setting to 0 has largely resolved the issue. I can see UPnP is now forwarding UDP ports for both connections, previously it wasn't.

My router is indeed crap :)