Me and my friend problems connecting to Mario Kart Wii

Me and my friend problems connecting to Mario Kart Wii

Hey, some weeks ago finally I get a brand new WiFi and it goes fast and I couldn't be more happy... Or that would be the case if I could play Mario Kart Wii, that was the thing I was looking forward into.
      So,technically I CAN play, but when I join a worldwide or a private room, suddenly my presence makes everyone else to disconnect, sometimes I can play a race or two but the number of people descends as the time passes. Same with custom distributions and online battles.

I already did DMZ for the Wii and without it the game is just the same or worse, I have no lag and as you can see in the screenshot below, my connection is stable, and it never stops to, but when I enter the other people connections starts to fail and then they disconnect, even when I was playing in Fun with Wiimm himself I make him to disconnect (Sorry btw if you read this) after that the people tends to stop playing and I feel awful because I'm a bummer to all the people playing.

I doubt my internet is the problem, in my phone can reach 1 MB/s sometimes but in average in both my PC and phone reach at least +300 kb/s everytime, tends to be MUCH faster in my phone though. Also I played Smash and the matches well smoothly (well... Smoothly as it can be, but playing in a minimum lag and delay is good for this game).

I even activated a "Gamer mode" in the router that it's supposed to enhance the traffic or something like that for playing online games, also setting the Wii in both high, normal and low priority for bandwidth, and again, no change. The only thing that changes greatly the performance in the game is some local and other configuration that is supposed for other games but if I not activate the local thing I get "C" instead or the good green triangles in this page.

The only thing that I have left to do is port forwarding to the Wii, but since I have no time to that for the moment and I also doubt it would make a difference, what other options I can do? I really want to play Mario Kart Wii online, it saddens me that I will ruin people games if I try to play.

/ / /

Also, I don't know if I should post it along my problem, but since it's somewhat related and I don't want to put 2 threads in a row I will put this here anyway:

My friend, who also has a good connection, can't even to enter in Wiimmfi in most games, and even i he could, he would often be disconnected at some point, usually he can't join Friend Rooms or search for opponents since he will only receive a error when the race starts or he will never join at all. And in Smash, he can't even stand for 5 minutes without a disconnect. A curious thing is that he can play online in Smash PM Remix with only little problems, something that I don't find any logic at all.

I guided him in how to enable DMZ in his Wii, and it worked for like only 3 hours or less, then it started to fail, badly. Then I recommended him a DNS, for some reason it worked for 1 hour and then started to fail again (All his tries were in MKWii). He is way worse than I am.
      Internet connection speed is usually not the problem with connection issues on Wiimmfi, more likely the fact how your router implemented its NAT. A different DNS will also have no effect whatsoever on his connection quality.

If the connection is that unstable, maybe try a LAN connection instead of WiFi if you're not already doing that. Your Wii might just lose the connection to the router a lot.
      If WiFi is not the issue but the router / the internet connection itself is, then a port forwarding might help.

For Mario Kart Wii, that'd be 22000 plus the last three digits of the console serial number including the one in the square. For other games there is no fixed port though, so you'd need to forward all UDP ports for other games.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Well, I just did the port forwarding with my Wii and... I think it just enhance the experience a little, my races keep often ending with only 2 or 3 players after a race, but after that, it kicks all players and there's less chance to finish the race.

This starts to happen for just seconds before someone disconnects. (3 different examples)

And here you can see how a 11-9 room gets wiped out in just 5 seconds:

I really don't know why that happen to me, everything else in Wii works perfectly, RC24 and other online games, and I can connect fast to Wiimmfi and get opponents fast, too. And in race the game is fast and with minimum delay when bumping with someone, with shells and everything, is for some reason still unknown to me that all the players minus I disconnect of the room, even players with fast connections. I even enabled PPPoE and UPnP and all is the same. An important note is that I didn't get a connection fail number most of the time, as I said earlier, my race is just fine it just seems that I ruin other people connections.

And, I can't really afford to buy a LAN USB adapter, less one specially made for the Nintendo Wii.

/ / / /

My friend - the one with the way unstable Connection - hasn't tried anything yet, I will post when he has time to do things above is all for my end.

Final Update: We tested with Mario Strikers, Sports Mix and Brawl, and everything works almost perfectly besides Mario Kart Wii, I have port forwarding and still nothing, I have to use my mobile data but it is limited because I have a plan with only 400 MB and I am still disconnecting everyone and my friend can't even enter in the online and last at least 2 minutes unless he has luck because he is kicked of the game or can't even find players, I can find and the gameplay is smooth almost everytime but the other players are kicked with no reason. Neither of us can really afford a LAN adapter and we doubt that it will be a difference at all, we ran out of options and we don't know what to do know, if someone can guide us with a solution to this we will accept it greatly appreciated.

• REAL Final Update: For some reason, everything fixed itself, I had a contrast ping in MKW, but I can play normally, same with my friend (who has less ping). I still DC some people sometimes but now it's rare, I really didn't change anything, but maybe something with my internet provider changed, but I don't know, at least finally I can play online.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Rigerhit047 () aus folgendem Grund: Solved