CTGP updates just being so slow... it really makes me mad every time I just want to play a couple matches with friends.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

CTGP updates just being so slow... it really makes me mad every time I just want to play a couple matches with friends.

So I've been playing CTGP-R for months, maybe over a year now. Updates have always been an issue. They come up so frequently, and when you least expect it. And when you want to update... it is so slow. I've got a 450mbps internet connection and despite that, it downloads at 80KB/s completely inconsistently, and is very likely to drop out, or completely die to 0KB/s whenever it feels like it.

I tried putting my update files on an SD card to see if that would speed up the process... but what it ended up doing was just using a single one of the files, ignoring the rest, and just using the server like usual and crashing about halfway through after waiting 20 minutes.

It's absolutely terrible... :mario_facepalm: Maybe CTGP is using an array of 1,000 5 1/4" floppy disks down there, for all I know. Because it sure is almost as slow as one of those floppy disks, and I'll be damned if it isn't even less consistent.

What gives?