New str2hax Wiimmfi Patcher with UPnP support

New str2hax Wiimmfi Patcher with UPnP support

New str2hax Wiimmfi Patcher

Hi everyone,

we've just pushed an updated WIimmfi Patcher onto the str2hax exploit page (the one that's used in the License Agreement exploit).

In this update the following things are changed / added / fixed:

- UPnP support for MKWii, SSBB and Animal Crossing
      - Bugfix for USB devices not working properly
      - and a bunch of other bugfixes that we'll announce at a later time.

In case you run into any issues with this new patcher please report them here. Especially if it gets stuck and does no longer boot your game(s) properly.

In the near future we will A) expand this post to explain the additional features / bugfixes a bit more, and B) we will also update the Internet Channel Exploit and the standalone Auto Wiimmfi Patcher with said bugfixes.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Wow, awesome! Can't wait to hear what the new bugfixes are (as well as the Wiimmfi patcher update) - will the Priiloader patcher also be updated, or is that not currently in the works? Would be a good place to start UPnP and tell the game as it launches (but I know it'd be a huge feat)
      I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help! :P
      Two different people reported that the updated patcher crashed once for them while loading the disc - unfortunately the crash dumps we received didn't contain enough information for us to track down the issue, so I updated the patcher to hopefully output more useful information when it crashes.

If anyone sees a crash dump of the Wiimmfi patcher please immediately take a photo and send that to me, even if the crash only happens once, so we can hopefully track down the cause of that crash.

To speed up that debugging I used my USB Gecko to run the Wiimmfi Patcher on a loop, over and over again, and after leaving that running for almost 24 hours, or probably over 700 runs of the Wiimmfi patcher, I think I finally figured out what caused the crash to happen rarely.

I've pushed a new version of the patcher onto the Wiimmfi Server, so the crash should no longer happen as of now.
      Of course, if it does still crash at some point with an exception, please still send that to me.

Both my friend and I are unable to successfully patch anymore using the License Agreement method. Have never had an issue in the past and last worked on 30JAN2021 when it was still v0.6.
      I have tried disabling UPnP on my router as well as disabling via the minus "-" button while the patcher is loading (and all possible combinations of the two). I had tried it before and after your (Laseratte) last post as well but it just says to restart the patcher and try again. After a few seconds of displaying that, it goes back to the Wii Main/Home Menu. I doubt it will help, but I can take a video if needed.

Wii Version: 4.3U
      Game: SSBB

Image:
      Thanks a lot for reporting this. Looks like it's been a while that we've tested brawl with the new patcher - that bug happens for me as well when I try Brawl. I'll look into that and get this fixed ASAP.

New

I tried this, and OMG, now in MKW my 10.00 conn fail turned into a 0 conn fail, I could join to any room I wished and the races were so fluid. It's so awesome and I love it, I tried doing Ghost Races and Competitions and everything works fine.

It would be nice to know, this will make it to the normal ISO Wiimmfi Patcher (or at least the MKW one) someday in a distant future? Although it seems that it uses the WIFI of the Wii to get all the configuration, It would be nice to have this connection in Wiimm's Fun and MKW Riivolution mods as well, is a shame that I can't test it in Brawl since my disc is no longer working, so that's another reason. But this seems to have been a big difficult task, and the results are like a miracle. Maybe it is already in the normal Patcher but I doubt it, it would be really strange that I didn't knew of it. Anyway, this is the best thing I ever tried and I am in completely love with this, beautiful work!

New

@Rigerhit047 It is unlikely that this feature will make it into the ISO patchers in the near future. The method this disc patcher currently uses works by embedding a full UPnP library into the patcher which takes up quite a bit of RAM. With the disc patchers that's not a problem, as that RAM will only be used while the patcher itself is running, and not while the actual game is running. There are people working on bringing UPnP to Brainslug without requiring an additional library, which could then potentially be integrated into an ISO, but that is not something that's on our immediate to-do list.

However, if using this method with UPnP gives you such an improvement for your connection, you can try replicating that with a proper port forwarding - visit wiimmfi.de/payload/settings and check out the "UDP port" for your console, then go into your router's configuration and create an UDP port forwarding for your Wii console for exactly this port. If you're talking about the console that's assigned to your account, that will be UDP port 22992.
      In theory, that should have the same effect as the UPnP in this particular patcher, and it will work with all Mario Kart Wii packs including MKW-Fun or any Riivolution packs. It will not work with other games like SSBB, though.

New

That error / warning occurs when the patcher was unable to find a router with enabled UPnP on the network. Maybe the request got lost of something, if it only happens from time to time.