New Idea for the Wiimmfi Website

New Idea for the Wiimmfi Website

Do you think there should be a chat box in the website rooms? 16
        Yes (12) 75%
        No (4) 25%
      Hey there fellow Wiimmfi Website users! So I thought of an idea that I thought would be great for the website. While you are in wiimmfi.de/stats/mkw/room/(x) the only thing you can do is just look at ur stats. Well I thought it would be cool if they added a chat box so you can chat to the fellow racers. It would be used for "Nice Game!" or "I'll get you next time!!!". Let me know what you think about and and do the Poll. Cya!

Nachtrag von StarWolf3000:

Changed poll settings to allow only one vote.

Bilder
      • Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 5.04.27 PM.png

261,89 kB, 1.095×932, 322 mal angesehen
      Not a bad idea IMO. I personally do want to mind rules for safe practice like filtering out links, swear words, slow mode and general spam protection, or otherwise only allow a set of predefined messages, because internet safety is important and it would be disastrous if someone were to be malicious. This unfortunately does require more time for implementation though.
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

I feel there should be a fan-made discord server for wimmfi (with links on the wimmfi website) It would be too hard for Wimm and Leseratte to maintain the server so it would mostly be fan-run. But it would be nice to have a simple chatbox for the smaller wiiware and other games that don't get noticed as much.

TheN00b21 schrieb:

I feel there should be a fan-made discord server for wimmfi (with links on the wimmfi website) It would be too hard for Wimm and Leseratte to maintain the server so it would mostly be fan-run. But it would be nice to have a simple chatbox for the smaller wiiware and other games that don't get noticed as much.
      I would say a server like this already has existed, but the last time I checked was 2017 or so. The closest thing to that now would be the Wii-homebrew server (which isn’t that active, but does have respective Wimmfi channels)

On the original topic, I don’t think it’s the greatest idea, but it’s certainly not a bad one either. Depending on the current state of Wiimmfi and maintenance, that would determine the priority of such a project.