Info collection for a new Wiimmfi feature

Info collection for a new Wiimmfi feature

Hi everyone,

recently we've been working on a new feature for Wiimmfi. We've developed this feature with MKWii in mind, but it will most likely also work with a bunch (but not all) of other Wii games as well.

However, in order to figure out which Wii games this will work with, and/or in order to potentially be able to make this feature compatible with more Wii games, we would need to know the game version number and the IOS each Wiimmfi-compatible game runs on. Unfortunately, it looks like there is no publicly available list about which Wii games use what IOSes, so we're going to have to build such a list ourselves.

As we do not own every single Wii game that works on Wiimmfi, we can't do that ourselves and need to rely on the community for help.

The Wii stores the used game version and IOS version (and a bunch of other information) for every game you've ever played on that console (unless you initialized your console, that gets rid of that data), and by running the Homebrew application that's attached to this post through the Homebrew Channel that tool will look through that list and send it (the game ID and IOS number, for example "RMCP" and IOS 36 for a PAL MKWii) to Wiimmfi so we can slowly build up a list of Wii IOS versions used by different Wii games.

Unfortunately we aren't quite ready yet to announce what exactly this new feature will be, but I'm sure it won't take that long anymore until we are.
      The finished list (about which game uses which IOS version) will also be published just in case anyone runs into a similar situation like us one day and wants to know which IOS a particular game uses.

Just download the ZIP archive that's attached to this post and extract it to your SD or USB device, then start the "Wiimmfi Info Uploader" in the Homebrew Channel.
      (Please don't mirror this tool elsewhere; link to this post instead)

The tool will just run for a couple seconds, print a bunch of text and then exit.
      If there's problems with your internet connection it'll display that; if that happens please try again.
      Running the tool multiple times on the same console doesn't collect more information than running it once and just blows up the logfile on the server with useless entries so please only run this once per console. However if you have multiple consoles (this tool can run on Wii, vWii and Dolphin) feel free to run it on all of them, just in case there's some game data that's only in one of them.

When the tool is successful, it will print "Thanks for running this tool on your console and helping us improve Wiimmfi" at the end. If you run into any other issues with this tool please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Leseratte
      Dateien

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Tock schrieb:

Sonst könntest du auch ein Tool für den PC schreiben für Leute die eine komplette Sammlung haben die es aus den ISOs extrahiert...
      Stimmt, das geht natürlich auch noch:

If anyone has a full (or large) collection of Wii games in a format that WIT can handle you can also download the ZIP in this post, extract it, put all games into that folder, run the "dump" batch file (or shell script) and then send me the "logfile.txt" output (just tested this on Linux, hopefully it works on Windows, too).
      Dateien

on my network share drive to my NAS I get the following error message when running the batch script (Windows 10 Pro)

Quellcode

1. !!! Missing tools: awk bash cat chmod cp date diff ln mkdir mv rm sed uname uniq unzip wc which wit => abort!
      2. PATH:
      3. /cygdrive/i/Wii/PAL/./bin/cygwin64
      4. bin/cygwin64

Drive I is the network drive. All mentioned tools are there at I:\Wii\PAL\bin\cygwin64

Edit:
      With Windows, one could also use the Wii Backup Manager to export a list. At least the IOS version is listed there as well:

Edit 2:
      in Text format
      Avatar: Der Herr der Elemente - Der Pfad des Feuers; IOS: 33
      Big Brain Academy für Wii; IOS: 21
      Boom Blox; IOS: 35
      Endless Ocean 2: Der Ruf des Meeres; IOS: 56
      Just Dance 2014; IOS: 57
      Just Dance 2015; IOS: 57
      Link's Crossbow Training; IOS: 21
      Mario & Sonic bei den Olympischen Spielen London 2012; IOS: 56
      Mario & Sonic bei den Olympischen Winterspielen; IOS: 55
      Mario Kart Wii; IOS: 36
      Mario Party 8; IOS: 9
      Metroid Prime: Trilogy; IOS: 55
      Metroid: Other M; IOS: 56
      PokéPark 2: Die Dimension der Wünsche; IOS: 56
      PokéPark Wii: Pikachus großes Abenteuer; IOS: 56
      Summer Athletics; IOS: 33
      Super Smash Bros. Brawl; IOS: 36
      The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon; IOS: 33
      The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night; IOS: 21
      Wii Fit Plus; IOS: 53
      Wii Music; IOS: 35
      Wii Party; IOS: 56
      Wii Play; IOS: 9
      Wii Sports; IOS: 21
      Wii Sports Resort; IOS: 55
      Ōkami; IOS: 21

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Silent Strider () aus folgendem Grund: found another way for exporting the IOS on Windows and my list in text format

Silent Strider schrieb:

With Windows, one could also use the Wii Backup Manager to export a list. At least the IOS version is listed there as well:
      Could you tell me how you did that?

Leseratte schrieb:

If anyone has a full (or large) collection of Wii games in a format that WIT can handle you can also download the ZIP in this post, extract it, put all games into that folder, run the "dump" batch file (or shell script) and then send me the "logfile.txt" output (just tested this on Linux, hopefully it works on Windows, too).
      Sadly that didnt work for me on WIndows
      :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :ccpro: :ccpro: :47px-SensorBar.svg: :wiiwheel: :wiiwheel: :wiiwheel: :wiiwheel: :23px-FrontSD.svg: :33px-WiiWiFi.svg:
      I have an export template which is called Plain text - fig:

Quellcode

1. [Config]
      2. Display name = Plain text
      3. Author = fig
      4. File extention = txt
      5. [File header]
      6. Wii games
      7. Date: %Date%
      8. Time: %Time%
      9. Game count: %GameCount%
      10. Total size: %TotalSizeMB% (%TotalSizeGB%)
      11. [Entry]
      12. Title: %Title%
      13. Original title: %OriginalTitle%
      14. Game ID: %ID%
      15. Region: %Region%
      16. IOS: %IOS%
      17. MD5: %MD5%
      18. Partitions: %PartitionCode%
      19. Type: %FileType%
      20. Size: %SizeMB% (%SizeGB%)
      21. [File footer]
      22. Plain text export template by fig
      Alles anzeigen

If you save this as text file into the export templates folder, you should have it too. As one can see it also would be easily adjustable.
      If you had asked me that question last week I probably would have said "yes", but during our last tests on the weekend we ran into a bunch of unexpected issues that we need to get rid of first. Right now I haven't yet been able to look into that more closely, and I have no idea if these bugs take us a day to fix or a month. Probably something in-between.

And because that new feature has the potential to cause lots of weird issues, pissed-off players and even more support requests when it's still buggy, and because we don't like to release a known-buggy functionality for Wiimmfi, that will have to wait until all the bugs are fixed.
      I wouldn't want to have this used by lots of people and then having to disable it again for bugfixing like we did with the room kick functionality that was unavailable for a long time. That'll just cause people to ping us all the time asking for status updates.

I'd rather delay that functionality until we're fairly sure that all bugs are gone, so we can announce and release a bug-free feature when that's done.
      So far, we're not planning on releasing any details about that feature until it's finished and available for everyone. Mainly so that it will be a huge surprise when we release a feature nobody has expected :D

Though, I want to say thanks to everyone who has run that dumping tool from my first post to help us figure out which games this will work with and which games it won't work with. Sadly, it's not easily possible to integrate this tool into the str2hax Wiimmfi patcher, otherwise we would have done that to collect IOS information from way more consoles. We'd rather spend the time bugfixing the new feature and get a rough overview on compatible games from this dumping tool; and then the compatibility list can still be expanded once it's released.