23911 - Profile registration limitations for Super Smash Bros Brawl

23911 - Profile registration limitations for Super Smash Bros Brawl

Hello,

I am using a Dolphin Emulator with correctly imported Wii system files (I extracted them from my homebrew wiiU) and created multiple profiles to play Mariokart Wiimmfi online with a small group of friends (4 players).
      This works quite well and we have tons of fun, thank you! :)

Now, I also wanted to perform the same steps with Smash Bros and was able to generate multiple test profiles in a short time period of 10 minutes (2-3 profiles) compared to Mariokart where a 24hours wait period exists.
      After I have seen that it works, I have deleted the test-profiles (except one I am going to use for playing which I can still connect to Wiimmfi) and shared the configuration (portable emulator) with my friends.
      However, when my friends tried to create their profiles they always get a 23911 error (wait 24hours) and when I tested it again, I also run into 23911 problem. (My personal profile still works)

Did I trigger any waiting lock (profile registration limits) of Smash Bros Brawl I am not aware of?

What I have tried:
      • Waiting multiple days (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday), still 23911
      • Deleting the Brawl save file and generating a new one, still 23911
      • Trying it from a different IP-Address

Notes:
      • My personal wii system files were never shared online, they are safe

I hope someone can help me out!

Lukas.34589 schrieb:

Did I trigger any waiting lock (profile registration limits) of Smash Bros Brawl I am not aware of?
      Well, apparently you did, since you wouldn't run into error 23911 if you didn't. There's limits per 24h, but also (larger) limits per week and per month, so if you use up the 24h limit every day in a row you'll start running into the week / month limits.

If you tell me the serial number of the WiiU console the NAND is from, I can check the server logs and see what the current limits are.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Not really, but I've hidden it from the post anyways if you're worried about that.

I checked the Wiimmfi logs, there are indeed more time limitations than just the 24h profile limit. Exhausting that one a couple days in a row triggers another weekly limit, and exhausting that can run you into another monthly limit.

Ultimately, Wiimmfi wasn't really designed with this situation (sharing one NAND with a bunch of different people) in mind - so everyone using the same NAND will share all profile creation limits, causing issues like you're encountering right now.

I can't see the exact timing unfortunately, but in your particular case it will take something between 2 and 7 more days until you can create a couple more profiles which should be enough for 4 people. Though, don't go around and make more test profiles to see when that timer is up. Just tell your friends to try again every day or every two days until they all have profiles.

Creating a bunch of random test profiles just to delete them again wasn't really a smart move - as that's exactly what these limits are intended to prevent.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()