I made a Wiimmfi Android app! (unofficial)

I made a Wiimmfi Android app! (unofficial)

Do you think Wiimmfi Watcher has potential/could be useful? 11

Das Ergebnis ist nur für Teilnehmer sichtbar.

Hi there! My name is Bryson Steck. I am a Computer Science student in the United States. I am the creator of a new Android app on the Google Play Store called "Wiimmfi Watcher".

Introduction

Wiimmfi Watcher is an UNOFFICIAL Android App I made for a class project that I decided to turn into a full fledged application. It allows you to watch your Mario Kart Wii online matches straight from your phone or tablet just by entering your friend code! It also saves the most recent friend codes you enter for quick and easy access next time you come back to the app! This application is completely open source in a GitHub repository and available for download on the Google Play Store here. The app can run on all Android devices running KitKat 4.4 or newer.

Why make an Android app for Wiimmfi?

My original idea for this app was Wiimmfi's website lacking a mobile friendly UI and being difficult to navigate though a mobile browser because of that. This app sets forth to fix that issue and provide a fast and easy way to get to your Mario Kart Wii room data. But other than that, I'm not entirely sure what other problems this app might solve at the moment. It's possible I'm trying to help fill a market that doesn't exist here. Searching the forums here it seems that it has been at least a topic of discussion at some point, so maybe there are people out there who may find this app useful!

What else can Wiimmfi Watcher do besides show Mario Kart Wii rooms?

...that's it at the moment. I'm still working on this app in my free time to bring more features into the app later down the road, such as providing statistics for all games (not just for Mario Kart Wii), being able to tap on a player to watch them instead, watch a player based on their Mii name rather than their friend code and WAY MORE. I have so many ideas that I'd love to bring to the app to make it better, but who knows if it's worth doing. As stated before, I'm still not sure if there are people in the Wiimmfi community would like to use the app, so if there seems to be at least some excitement from the community for Wiimmfi Watcher, I'll keep working on it to make it better!

How can I help contribute?

At the time of posting this thread, I'd just like to hear all of your guys' thoughts on the app to see if there is actually a market and/or excitement for this. If there is, then you can provide feedback on the app to me through GitHub issues, the Google Form inside the app or through Google reviews. Releasing and maintaining an app like this is completely new to me, so please be nice haha :)

I'd love to hear all your thoughts! I hope I didn't go through the hassle just to see that people don't see a use for the app lol. You can answer this poll just as a quick yes or no if you don't have any extra thoughts.
      For some reason it says it is not available for any of my devices. Did you place a region restriction on it (I'm from Germany) or wrong Android versions (they're all 6.0 and higher)?

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation Vita Slim, WiFi, schwarz, PCH-2016
      System-Software:3.63
      Modell:PlayStation TV
      System-Software:3.63, Whitelist Database modified
      Software:7 Vita Cartridges, 9 Titel als PSN-Download (Stand: 10. November 2016)
      Currently playing:Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed (+ DLC)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation 4 Slim, 1 TB, CUH-2016B
      System-Software:4.06
      Software:1 PS4-Disk, 3 PSN-Downloads (Stand: 22. Dezember 2016)
      Currently playing:Megadimension Neptunia VII (+ DLC)
      Backlog:Deponia, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition (grün-weiß)
      System-Software:10.1.0-27E
      Software:5 Titel als 3DS-Cartridge, 8 3DS-Titel als Download, 4 Virtual-Console-Titel (Stand: 18. Oktober 2015)
      Flashkarten:SuperCard DSTWO (wird nicht im 3DS benutzt)
      Currently playing:Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX / Pokémon: Omega Rubin / Cave Story + (3DSWare)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo GameCube PAL Silber
      Revision:DOL-001
      Zubehör:2 Controller (Purple + Silber, kabelgeb.), 1 MemoryCard (128 MB, BigBen Interactive), 1 Game Boy Player, Nintendo MultiAV-Kabel, RGB-Kabel
      Spiele:12
      Sonstiges:SD Media Launcher

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo Wii Weiß
      Systemmenü:4.1E
      Boot Loader:Fixed Boot Loader (boot1c) / Standard Boot Loader boot2 v4
      BootMii:IOS
      Priiloader:v0.4 rev80 DE
      HBC:1.1.2
      cIOS + MIOS:IOS222 (hermes v4), IOS249[38] rev19 / cMIOS v10 with integrated GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2
      USB Loader + Storage:USB Loader GX (1.0.x), uLoader 5.1, cfg USB Loader, Neogamma / ohne

StarWolf3000 schrieb:

For some reason it says it is not available for any of my devices. Did you place a region restriction on it (I'm from Germany) or wrong Android versions (they're all 6.0 and higher)?
      Same for me.according to the description you need at least android 4.4.4 for the app. I have registered an Android 10 device and an Android 6 device in my Googel account and Googel says the app is not available on any of my devices.I couldn't find an apk file anywhere in the network and how I make an apk file from the source code, I don't know, you could maybe also provide an apk file (alone for those who use a custom rom without gapps (googel apps) and of course those who cannot download the app in the playstore)
      The app is restricted for me too (NL, A11, Poco F1). So far functionality on the github release seems to be as expected, and if i was more of a smartphone person I would be using this more. I can see people using this over the webpage though for ease of access

edit: since many probably won't build the app from source, here is a release. Please remove my attachment if it violates any publishing rules.
      to install this on your device, you likely need an app that allows you to install a multitude of APKs like SAI
      Dateien
      Disclaimer: The image below is my forum signature and has no correlation to my original message or response.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Reboot ()

Sorry for the late response! I went to bed quite soon after I posted the thread.

The app apparently was country restricted, but that was not my intention. That's why most of you replying seem to have troubles getting the app, regardless of the Android version you are running. I chose to release the app in the US and UK just because I didn't know what I was getting myself into at first. I went into my developer console and the app is now available for all countries, including Germany. Google has to review this change, so it may take a day or two to go into effect.

Sorry about that! I hope you are able to use the app soon :)

EDIT: Never mind! The changes apparently went into effect really quickly. Please let me know if you are able to use it now!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von bryzinga () aus folgendem Grund: made the edits more noticeable