HBC wouldn't read my USB.

• Gelöst

HBC wouldn't read my USB.

After preforming the unintelligible act of impatiently shutting off my Wii while it was downloading a game on USBLoaderGX, Homebrew Channel suddenly stopped reading my USB. I can't find the brand name for the USB that was used but it I can tell you that it was always formatted to Fat32 with a 32 Kilobyte allocation size.

Is there any possible way to fix this or is there no hope for the USB, All of the settings were perfect (HBC on IOS58, USB formatted With FAT32, ect) but no matter how many times I formatted my USB, HBC would only read my SD Card.

is there anyway to fix this or is there no hope? And yes, I even put the USB at the bottom part of the Wii, and reinstalled HBC but to no avail.

Update
      : I will just use a different USB, consider this thread solved.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Santana () aus folgendem Grund: Mainly to fix spacing and to fix typos

Can you still use the USB drive on a computer? If so, I'd try making a backup then re-formatting it in FAT32, then copy your files back.
      If it's not even detected by a computer anymore then it's probably broken.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

I tried doing that, My PC and Laptops recognize it and.

I kept backing things up and reformatting it but to no avail.

Leseratte schrieb:

Can you still use the USB drive on a computer? If so, I'd try making a backup then re-formatting it in FAT32, then copy your files back.
      If it's not even detected by a computer anymore then it's probably broken.
      Are there any other alternatives?
      Maybe it's an issue with the Wii then? Can you test if other USB drives still work on the console
      Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Another (yet very small in terms of storage) USB drive with SNES9X works on my Wii, I tried with my original and larger USB and as you may have already guessed there was no result.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Santana () aus folgendem Grund: Typo