Ongoing DDoS-Attack on WHB / Wiimmfi

I have no idea if people will even be able to read this post, but the server Wiimmfi and the WHB forum is running on is the victim of a huge DDoS-attack since Saturday evening.

The server is still fully up, but it has to handle so many bogus requests from thousands of different IP addresses that it can't keep up with the demand.
      The forum and the Wiimmfi page will be slow as hell until the attack is finally over, and trying to connect to Wiimmfi in a game can lead to various error codes like 20100, 20101, 2350x, 23991, 91010, 85010, or various others.

The Wiimmfi game server itself seems to not be affected by the attack that much, but the login server is, so getting online on Wiimmfi will be difficult and might need lots of attempts.
      Though you might still get disconnected due to the server being too busy with all the requests sometimes.

If there's any new update I will post that here (if I can get to the forum ...)
      If the forum and the Wiimmfi page will be completely down again, I will tweet status updates with the WiimmfiStatus Twitter account, so now might be a good time to follow that account.

Non-working stuff

Wiimmfi's back up as of September 10th, ~14:30 UTC, but there's some stuff that doesn't yet work. Right now, we only know of the Wiimmfi Portal login not working. This means you can view the statistics pages, but you cannot log in to the portal to manage stuff like OPENHOST.

Everything else should be working again. If you notice something that's still broken (and used to work fine pre-DDoS), let me know.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Attack has stopped for now, but that doesn't have to mean it's over. There have been multiple short breaks in the last couple days, so if the DDoS starts again then everything will be slow again.

Okay, as you might have noticed the WHB forum and the Wiimmfi webpage is now back up and should be working again without the random slowdowns. Unfortunately, there's still a ton of work to do for the actual Wiimmfi game servers, so they'll probably stay offline for another day or two.

SwampyGator schrieb:

I feel the Captcha is way too long, it would be better to make it save your session. Every time I close the tab, I have to complete two pages of it again.
      As the attacks are still ongoing (as you might've noticed), we are currently looking into additional ways to mitigate the incoming attacks. Right now, this is a compromise that we're willing to take in order to (hopefully) mitigate the attacks.
      14.932 bytes pure destruction.
      I'm not complaining about having to do a captcha, but the session timeout is just too short, so checking again for new posts a few minutes later presents you again with CF protection and captcha.

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation Vita Slim, WiFi, schwarz, PCH-2016
      System-Software:3.63
      Modell:PlayStation TV
      System-Software:3.63, Whitelist Database modified
      Software:7 Vita Cartridges, 9 Titel als PSN-Download (Stand: 10. November 2016)
      Currently playing:Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed (+ DLC)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation 4 Slim, 1 TB, CUH-2016B
      System-Software:4.06
      Software:1 PS4-Disk, 3 PSN-Downloads (Stand: 22. Dezember 2016)
      Currently playing:Megadimension Neptunia VII (+ DLC)
      Backlog:Deponia, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition (grün-weiß)
      System-Software:10.1.0-27E
      Software:5 Titel als 3DS-Cartridge, 8 3DS-Titel als Download, 4 Virtual-Console-Titel (Stand: 18. Oktober 2015)
      Flashkarten:SuperCard DSTWO (wird nicht im 3DS benutzt)
      Currently playing:Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX / Pokémon: Omega Rubin / Cave Story + (3DSWare)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo GameCube PAL Silber
      Revision:DOL-001
      Zubehör:2 Controller (Purple + Silber, kabelgeb.), 1 MemoryCard (128 MB, BigBen Interactive), 1 Game Boy Player, Nintendo MultiAV-Kabel, RGB-Kabel
      Spiele:12
      Sonstiges:SD Media Launcher

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo Wii Weiß
      Systemmenü:4.1E
      Boot Loader:Fixed Boot Loader (boot1c) / Standard Boot Loader boot2 v4
      BootMii:IOS
      Priiloader:v0.4 rev80 DE
      HBC:1.1.2
      cIOS + MIOS:IOS222 (hermes v4), IOS249[38] rev19 / cMIOS v10 with integrated GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2
      USB Loader + Storage:USB Loader GX (1.0.x), uLoader 5.1, cfg USB Loader, Neogamma / ohne

The limits will all be tuned in the future. Right now Cloudflare is on its most restrictive setting because we wanted to make sure to completely block the attack. Once all services are back up and running we can experiment with less restrictive settings.

For me, I seem to have the opposite problem, for this site, and another that’s had problems not too long ago. My ISP must be in the problematic category, because almost every action I take triggers a captcha. While I’m on mobile 5G, not so much. Maybe I’d contact my ISP or something? because both sites for me are nearly unusable.
      Okay, Wiimmfi's back up again. Though if issues occur we might still need to tune and restart it a couple times which means you could get kicked.

Just took me 3 CAPTCHAs to gain access to the site, because it wanted me to select fire trucks as regular trucks...

EigenschaftWert

EigenschaftWert
      Backlog:Deponia, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

EigenschaftWert
      Software:5 Titel als 3DS-Cartridge, 8 3DS-Titel als Download, 4 Virtual-Console-Titel (Stand: 18. Oktober 2015)
      Currently playing:Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX / Pokémon: Omega Rubin / Cave Story + (3DSWare)

EigenschaftWert
      Zubehör:2 Controller (Purple + Silber, kabelgeb.), 1 MemoryCard (128 MB, BigBen Interactive), 1 Game Boy Player, Nintendo MultiAV-Kabel, RGB-Kabel

EigenschaftWert
      cIOS + MIOS:IOS222 (hermes v4), IOS249[38] rev19 / cMIOS v10 with integrated GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2
      USB Loader + Storage:USB Loader GX (1.0.x), uLoader 5.1, cfg USB Loader, Neogamma / ohne

StarWolf3000 schrieb:

Just took me 3 CAPTCHAs to gain access to the site, because it wanted me to select fire trucks as regular trucks...
      It's quite interesting, how captchas has evolved. And so far, this one is the most sophisticated one I've seen in my years of being online. I've complained about this on Twitter, because all of the "truck" images are actually somewhat similar :P
      @moldy Check this thread: Tablebot

EigenschaftWert

EigenschaftWert

EigenschaftWert

EigenschaftWert

EigenschaftWert