Rewriting VR system

Rewriting VR system

If any of you have watched people play MKW online or have played it yourself, you've probably experienced how harsh the VR system is. I would assume they made a different system for Mario Kart 7 and 8 because of how frustrated people were with losing hundreds of VR in just a few races. People who have encountered hackers online in the vanilla game probably saw someone change their VR to a 5 digit number and then have it drop back to 9999 at the end of the race. My question about that is if the game understands 5 digit numbers for the VR system then why don't the ratings go that high? It's also way too easy for top-tier players to max out their VR because of the very large changes and how close the max rating is to the starting rating relatively speaking. I've had two ideas for how the new system would work, which should be easy to code since all MrBean would have to do is find the code that deals with the VR system and tweak it:

1. Keep the starting, min and max VR ratings how they are now, but drastically reduce the changes (my idea was up to +/- 17 in a single race)
      2. Keep the changes, starting and min VR how they are now (maybe with some limits to avoid potentially losing 1000+ VR in a race at the highest tier), but allow players to go all the way to 99999 VR since the game understands numbers that high

This is my first post so I don't know if people would take this seriously, but hopefully this will get some attention!