Policy on shared NANDs

Policy on shared NANDs

Hi,

some friends and I want to play Mario Kart Wii online via Dolphin about once a week/every other week. Not all of us own a Wii and only 1-2 are tech savvy enough to get the NAND out of the Wii.

I've read some bits and pieces here and there about shared NANDs and waiting times, but couldn't find a good up-to-date overview. Where can I find something on this topic and policies?
      Generally, sharing NANDs with a select group is possible / allowed.

Though, do note that if anyone cheats online on Wiimmfi while using a particular NAND, that whole NAND will be banned. That means if one member of your group decides to cheat, or one member of your group gives the NAND to someone else who cheats, or someone uploads it to the internet for everyone (to find and to cheat with), then that NAND, including the Wii it came from, will be banned from Wiimmfi.

As far as waiting times goes, there's a limited number of profiles / friend codes per each day / week / month that a particular NAND can generate. That's because usually, one NAND equals one player and there's no need for one player to generate a large number of profiles each day. That means if you give one NAND to like 10 people, it can take a couple days until you all have a working profile / friend code. Even longer if some of you mess up somewhere and need to start over, or if people create multiple profiles.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Gecko codes are one way to cheat, yeah. Gecko codes, AR codes, and so on. There are certain cheats that are allowed (since they do not give you an advantage in-game), but it's best to not use any at all. At least not in worldwide / regional matches, in your own friend rooms you can use most cheats.

We do not make the exact timings for these restrictions public (and they also vary a bit depending on certain conditions) so I can't say that exactly, but depending on the timing and delay between each registration it will probably take like a week to get your 6 profiles together (assuming these 6 profiles will all be on the same NAND). If you connect your console (the one you plan to take the NAND from) to your Wiimmfi / Wii-Homebrew.com account ( see wiimmfi.de/user/assign-console ) the limits are a bit more generous.

Note that connecting one console / NAND to multiple accounts is tricky so if your friends aren't tech-savvy and you'll be providing that NAND from your console, just connect the console to your own account.

Though, if you can find another person in your group who is able to dump his NAND (and is willing to share it with the others) so it'd just be three/four people per NAND instead of six/eight, you'd only need to wait 24h to get all the profiles together (first two immediately, the third one after 24h).

There's no "penalty" for trying to create too many profiles, it just won't work. So I would say just take the NAND, give it to your friends with instructions on how to import it into Dolphin, tell them to make *one* profile in Mario Kart Wii (they'll need to delete your existing one from the savegame and make their own because a profile / a friend code cannot be online twice at the same time), and then just have them try connecting to Wiimmfi once a day or once every two days until they all have a working profile with a friend code which they can login with. If they're getting error 23911 then they need to wait some more and try again later.

If they're getting other errors, especially 23913 or 23918, something's probably not set up correctly and they should make sure they imported the NAND correctly and their Dolphin is up-to-date.

Thank you for the detailed information; I will keep those in mind.

Assuming one of my friends - without me knowing - is cheating in global/worldwide and we'll get banned, is there a possibility to find out who exactly did it? This way we could save up the second NAND for only those who play in a responsable manner and exclude said person.

When I lookup bans on wiimmfi.de/show-bans i will get player ids but if this player is creating another profile and I don't know his new player id, is there a possibility to find out if the second profile is linked to another profile with the same IP? It's just for finding out who could have caused the ban.
      Well, in theory us Wiimmfi mods can check the IP a player had while he got banned so in theory we could tell you that IP if that happens, and the Wiimmfi admins (Wiimm or me) could also figure out all other friend codes used on a particular IP. The question is how useful that's going to be, Do you know all of your friends' IP addresses, and do they all have a static IP that doesn't change? Usually, in quite a few countries you'll get a new IP each time you restart your router. Or you even share your IP with other customers of the same ISP (using a CGN).

So at most you can find out the ISP of the player who cheated, but not really much more. Unless, of course, they're stupid enough to use their main profile and/or main Mii to cheat. All they'd need to be basically undetectable would be making a new Mii, a new profile, and restarting their router prior to cheating to get a new IP not linked to their real identity.

BaamAlex schrieb:

Wiis are cheap these days. And there is a guide which is very good detailed and shows you how you dump the nand. So, this statement is bullshit imho.
      The reason some of them are cheap is because they were banned before they were put on sale.

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation Vita Slim, WiFi, schwarz, PCH-2016
      System-Software:3.63
      Modell:PlayStation TV
      System-Software:3.63, Whitelist Database modified
      Software:7 Vita Cartridges, 9 Titel als PSN-Download (Stand: 10. November 2016)
      Currently playing:Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed (+ DLC)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:PlayStation 4 Slim, 1 TB, CUH-2016B
      System-Software:4.06
      Software:1 PS4-Disk, 3 PSN-Downloads (Stand: 22. Dezember 2016)
      Currently playing:Megadimension Neptunia VII (+ DLC)
      Backlog:Deponia, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force, Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo 3DS XL Yoshi Special Edition (grün-weiß)
      System-Software:10.1.0-27E
      Software:5 Titel als 3DS-Cartridge, 8 3DS-Titel als Download, 4 Virtual-Console-Titel (Stand: 18. Oktober 2015)
      Flashkarten:SuperCard DSTWO (wird nicht im 3DS benutzt)
      Currently playing:Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX / Pokémon: Omega Rubin / Cave Story + (3DSWare)

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo GameCube PAL Silber
      Revision:DOL-001
      Zubehör:2 Controller (Purple + Silber, kabelgeb.), 1 MemoryCard (128 MB, BigBen Interactive), 1 Game Boy Player, Nintendo MultiAV-Kabel, RGB-Kabel
      Spiele:12
      Sonstiges:SD Media Launcher

EigenschaftWert
      Modell:Nintendo Wii Weiß
      Systemmenü:4.1E
      Boot Loader:Fixed Boot Loader (boot1c) / Standard Boot Loader boot2 v4
      BootMii:IOS
      Priiloader:v0.4 rev80 DE
      HBC:1.1.2
      cIOS + MIOS:IOS222 (hermes v4), IOS249[38] rev19 / cMIOS v10 with integrated GameCube Backup Launcher v0.2
      USB Loader + Storage:USB Loader GX (1.0.x), uLoader 5.1, cfg USB Loader, Neogamma / ohne

Leseratte schrieb:

Well, in theory us Wiimmfi mods can check the IP a player had while he got banned so in theory we could tell you that IP if that happens, and the Wiimmfi admins (Wiimm or me) could also figure out all other friend codes used on a particular IP. The question is how useful that's going to be, Do you know all of your friends' IP addresses, and do they all have a static IP that doesn't change? Usually, in quite a few countries you'll get a new IP each time you restart your router. Or you even share your IP with other customers of the same ISP (using a CGN).

So at most you can find out the ISP of the player who cheated, but not really much more. Unless, of course, they're stupid enough to use their main profile and/or main Mii to cheat. All they'd need to be basically undetectable would be making a new Mii, a new profile, and restarting their router prior to cheating to get a new IP not linked to their real identity.
      Thank you, I got it. I will keep that in mind and will think about it as soon as a ban has happened.

Leseratte schrieb:

Gecko codes are one way to cheat, yeah. Gecko codes, AR codes, and so on. There are certain cheats that are allowed (since they do not give you an advantage in-game), but it's best to not use any at all. At least not in worldwide / regional matches, in your own friend rooms you can use most cheats.

We do not make the exact timings for these restrictions public (and they also vary a bit depending on certain conditions) so I can't say that exactly, but depending on the timing and delay between each registration it will probably take like a week to get your 6 profiles together (assuming these 6 profiles will all be on the same NAND). If you connect your console (the one you plan to take the NAND from) to your Wiimmfi / Wii-Homebrew.com account ( see wiimmfi.de/user/assign-console ) the limits are a bit more generous.

Note that connecting one console / NAND to multiple accounts is tricky so if your friends aren't tech-savvy and you'll be providing that NAND from your console, just connect the console to your own account.

Though, if you can find another person in your group who is able to dump his NAND (and is willing to share it with the others) so it'd just be three/four people per NAND instead of six/eight, you'd only need to wait 24h to get all the profiles together (first two immediately, the third one after 24h).

There's no "penalty" for trying to create too many profiles, it just won't work. So I would say just take the NAND, give it to your friends with instructions on how to import it into Dolphin, tell them to make *one* profile in Mario Kart Wii (they'll need to delete your existing one from the savegame and make their own because a profile / a friend code cannot be online twice at the same time), and then just have them try connecting to Wiimmfi once a day or once every two days until they all have a working profile with a friend code which they can login with. If they're getting error 23911 then they need to wait some more and try again later.

If they're getting other errors, especially 23913 or 23918, something's probably not set up correctly and they should make sure they imported the NAND correctly and their Dolphin is up-to-date
      I got some more questions about your answer.

In case I have extracted my NAND.bin from my console, is there a difference if I use dolphin or the actual wii for the assigning console process?

I couldn't find an answer to if dolphin still has a 7 days wait time for activation (even if using an original wii NAND) so I could assign the console using dolphin.
      Dolphin still has the 7-day wait, so if the Wii the NAND is from hasn't been online on Wiimmfi in the past (= more than 7 days ago) you'll probably get the 7-day wait in Dolphin. But once you're online, there shouldn't be a difference between assigning the actual Wii or assigning the Dolphin instance.

Leseratte schrieb:

Though, if you can find another person in your group who is able to dump his NAND (and is willing to share it with the others) so it'd just be three/four people per NAND instead of six/eight, you'd only need to wait 24h to get all the profiles together (first two immediately, the third one after 24h)
      Then I don't get that quote right. I assumed if I dump the NAND from my wii and use it in dolphin, I can instantly use it in dolphin ("first two immediatelly, the third one after 24h"). What do you mean by that?
      That is assuming the Wii has connected to Wiimmfi before to get rid of the 7-day wait. If that's not the case then there will be an initial 7-day wait after the first connection attempt.

Moldevort schrieb:

Leseratte schrieb:

If they're getting other errors, especially 23913 or 23918, something's probably not set up correctly and they should make sure they imported the NAND correctly and their Dolphin is up-to-date
      I got some more questions about your answer.
      In case I have extracted my NAND.bin from my console, is there a difference if I use dolphin or the actual wii for the assigning console process?

I couldn't find an answer to if dolphin still has a 7 days wait time for activation (even if using an original wii NAND) so I could assign the console using dolphin.
      Ok, that's what I wanted to know.

So if I connect to Wiimmfi with my actual wii and THEN use dolphin, I wouldn't have to wait 7 days, is that correct?

If I do the other way round, I would have to wait 7 days?
      It's a bit more complicated.

The 7-day limit *itself* is not disabled on real Wiis. It's just not enforced anymore / ignored at login.

So if you have a new Wii that hasn't connected to Wiimmfi before, and you dump the NAND today and try to connect to Dolphin today, you'll get the 7-day wait.
      If you take that Wii, go online with the Wii today, then try to use Dolphin in three days, Dolphin will have the remaining 4 days of wait time.
      And if you go online with the Wii today, wait a week, and then try to use Dolphin, there should be no wait time.