Please help me make my hacked wii current!

• Offen

Please help me make my hacked wii current!

Hey everyone, I am here humbly because I have no idea what I need to do, and to be honest don't understand most of what I'm looking at. I have a hacked wii that plays backups off of HDD. All the games load and play fine.

The reason I'm here today is because I tried using Pimp my Wii to update whatever needed to be without updating the actual wii. I have used this program before a few times with zero problems. Unfortunately now everything ERRORS!

PMW list these as problems:
      IOS36 has the ES_Identify bug corrected says priiloader needs this effective, but holding down eject on boot gets me to what looks to be a working priiloader
      Old cIOS249 (rev8 instead of rev10)
      Old cIOS250 (rev8 instead of rev10)
      No cIOS Hermes 22 2 v5.1 found.
      No cIOS Hermes 223 v5.1 found
      IOS 36,37,38,53,55,56,57,62 has trucha bug fixed
      I have at least 1 IOS missing, outdated, or with trucha bug fixed

Then when after I click A for all the fixes it does a little process that ultimately ends with a dump file listing Exception DSI occured, Stack Dump, and Code Dump. At this point I have to hold down power to reset the system.

I did notice that a lot of the failures listed said "reading wad from SD", but the download of PMW I have doesn't have any supporting wads, so I don't know if I'm supposed to go get them or if after looking on SD it looks online, but I know it keeps going to the Exception screen.

Again, everything plays just fine as far as I know, i'm just trying to get it up to date without losing the ability to play the games that are working now.

Can anyone way smarter than me help me understand what is going on, and what to do about it? I sure appreciate the kindness!

Also please explain it to me like im 10 years old, I really don't have a great grasp on what IOS. cIOS, trucha bugs, etc really mean.

Thanks again!
      cIOS=Custom IOS, aka cIOS, are third-party IOS files that are installed on the wii. Most cIOS's are used for pirating. They are often made by using a base IOS with desirable features, such as USB support or Rockband microphone support and modified to install to a different slot such as 254 and then add extra features, such as restoring the trucha bug and adding piracy related functions.

IOS=IOS (sometimes internally referred to as IOP - possibly "Input Output Proxy") is the operating system that runs on the Starlet (IOP) coprocessor (Starbuck on the vWii) inside the Hollywood package. It provides services that are used by Wii code to access many system devices: USB, networking, security, app management, NAND flash storage, SD card, optical disc, and also WiiConnect24 features.

Trucha Bug=The signing (also known as Trucha) bug was a bug present in earlier IOS versions that allowed the digital signatures (which show that Nintendo had approved the content in question) of software to be easily faked, which allowed the installation of software that Nintendo hadn't approved. Shortly after its widespread use appeared, it was patched; first in IOS37. This exploit was used in the original version of the Homebrew Channel installer, and is still used in many applications.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von BaamAlex (32. Dezember 2583, 27:35)