Wiimmfi doesn't work with Professor Layton 2-4 European non-English versions

Wiimmfi doesn't work with Professor Layton 2-4 European non-English versions

Hello! I'm a somewhat experienced user of Wiimmfi who's experienced this issue for a long time and finally decided to find some help for it, heh.

This is specifically about the DS servers for Wiimmfi, by the way.

Basically, Professor Layton games 2-6 (out of which 2-4 are for the DS) have separate versions for all the European languages they were released in (probably for space reasons). Thing is, as far as i can tell, only the ___P (English language) versions are supported in Wiimfii, AltWFC, and custom servers in general. (I'm from Spain so the versions I use are ___S)

When I try unlocking the "DLC" (daily puzzles are all in the games' files, they're just unlocked by connecting to the server to check a certain date has passed) the game just tells me "all available content has been downloaded".

The games in question's title IDs are YLT_ (Pandora's Box/Diabolical Box), C3J_ (Lost Future/Unwound Future), and BLF_ (Spectre's Call/Last Specter). AF5_ (Curious Village) doesn't have this issue since all European languages available for the game were released as a multilanguage AF5P.

Would adding server-side support for these games be as trivial as copy-pasting some files, or is the issue more complicated than that? I've seen the files for YLTP and YLTE in https://github.com/InternalLoss/DLS1-Files differ, would that mean that it would be hard or near impossible to add proper support for the missing variants of the games?

Daily puzzles can be accessed in any previously saved file, by resetting the console after saving (soft-reset is disabled in these games), and then heading to Extras->(save file)->Daily Puzzles->Download new content [may be differently phrased].

Please let me know if I should head somewhere else for help regarding DS Wiimmfi servers, or if there's any information I can give to help with this, or anything I can do myself to solve this issue (I have experience with reverse engineering with Ghidra, I just wouldn't really know where to look without any help or pointers about what stuff to look for, library functions, etc.)

Thank you in advance for your help!

patataofcourse schrieb:

Hello! I'm a somewhat experienced user of Wiimmfi who's experienced this issue for a long time and finally decided to find some help for it, heh.

This is specifically about the DS servers for Wiimmfi, by the way.

Basically, Professor Layton games 2-6 (out of which 2-4 are for the DS) have separate versions for all the European languages they were released in (probably for space reasons). Thing is, as far as i can tell, only the ___P (English language) versions are supported in Wiimfii, AltWFC, and custom servers in general. (I'm from Spain so the versions I use are ___S)

When I try unlocking the "DLC" (daily puzzles are all in the games' files, they're just unlocked by connecting to the server to check a certain date has passed) the game just tells me "all available content has been downloaded".

The games in question's title IDs are YLT_ (Pandora's Box/Diabolical Box), C3J_ (Lost Future/Unwound Future), and BLF_ (Spectre's Call/Last Specter). AF5_ (Curious Village) doesn't have this issue since all European languages available for the game were released as a multilanguage AF5P.

Would adding server-side support for these games be as trivial as copy-pasting some files, or is the issue more complicated than that? I've seen the files for YLTP and YLTE in github.com/InternalLoss/DLS1-Files differ, would that mean that it would be hard or near impossible to add proper support for the missing variants of the games?

Daily puzzles can be accessed in any previously saved file, by resetting the console after saving (soft-reset is disabled in these games), and then heading to Extras->(save file)->Daily Puzzles->Download new content [may be differently phrased].

Please let me know if I should head somewhere else for help regarding DS Wiimmfi servers, or if there's any information I can give to help with this, or anything I can do myself to solve this issue (I have experience with reverse engineering with Ghidra, I just wouldn't really know where to look without any help or pointers about what stuff to look for, library functions, etc.)

Thank you in advance for your help!
      Hi! I'm the person who runs the DLS1 server; I can make copies of these folders if you'd like to see if it resolves the issue? It's possible it wouldn't, but I'm happy to try ^^

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!
      Yeah, those are all the European languages it's available on.
      Sadly, it didn't seem to work? It still has that "already updated" message.
      Tried with the following DNSs:
      - 164.132.44.106 (I think this is Wiimmfi maybe? It's what was pre-set on my console)
      - 178.62.43.212 (Kaeru)
      - 167.86.108.126 (Appeared next to "Wiimmfi" in some old online guide)
      Sorry for taking more than a day for this, and is there any way I can try to contribute to figuring this out? I've got a bit of experience with Ghidra, I just get lost if I don't know what I'm looking for :S

Edit: I was trying out the English European version of Pandora's Box (YLTP) and I realized the exact same thing happens there, which is weird, considering that in the Wiimmfi status page it's shown as operational? I'll test it out on American next, but this is just really weird, I've definitely say people online say Wiimmfi worked for them regarding the weekly puzzles...

Edit 2: Ok yeah this is definitely an issue with the European ones (at least Pandora). BTW I've only tested the Spanish one with that game, i'll make sure to check out the other two right away because, I just realized they're probably completely different, especially 4 in comparison to the other two. Nevermind! All of them break

Edit 3: I'm gonna start posting my test results down below:

YLT_C3J_BLF_
      AmericanWorksWorksWorks
      European (English)FailsFailsFails
      European (Spanish)FailsFailsFails
      Other regions/languagesUntestedUntestedUntested

Edit 4: Well... I guess that confirms it. American versions seems to be the only one to actually work, sadly. I'll test JP and KR whenever I can, but for now I'm going to close all my tabs and call it a day.
      I would also like to point out that transferring saves between US<->EU is trivial in all games except YLT_, which means that I can't use that as a work around in that game.

Sorry for the entire infodump, I just wanted to do some research on this whole thing but ended up figuring out the PAL releases in general don't work, sigh... I can attest to the functionality of A5FP though, I've downloaded and fully beaten that section of the game

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von patataofcourse ()