Customize Tracks (Race speed, boundaries, etc)

Customize Tracks (Race speed, boundaries, etc)

Hi,

I'm currently trying to collect some good tracks for the Hide and Seek mod and stumbled upon an issue I'm trying to solve.

There are certain tracks with lots of good hiding spots - unfortunately, as you are supposed to drive on the road there are a fair amount of fences, invisible walls, boundaries, etc.

I have thought about disabling boundary check with a gecko code but that on the other hand wouldn't solve the speed issue - on off track areas and especially on off boundary areas you are incredibly slow.

It might be best to manually edit those tracks. Can someone please provide some information on
      1) which exact file in the *.szs tracks are responsible for speed on certain areas
      2) how do I remove certain boundaries (like fences)
      3) which tools would be best to edit those tracks besides wiimms tools?
      1. Depends. Do you mean you want to modify "mud" so that a vehicle drives faster when encountering "mud"? Then that'd need to be changed inside the game's code, I believe. If you don't care about the mud still being mud (for example, for the mud animations) you could just edit the KCL and replace every "slow" KCL flag with a faster one.
      2. Boundaries would be in the KCL as well, so you'd need to remove the walls from the course.kcl file
      3. Wiimms tools are probably best-suited for this case

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

An actual KMP track object? Or just part of the track?

As for parts of the track, just remove its polygons from the KCL. If an element is not included in the KCL it has no collision and you can walk or fall through it. Whether there's a way to mark a KCL polygon as "disabled" so it remains in the KCL but is inactive, no idea. Wiimm might know that. But why'd you need that, just remove it.
      As for actual KMP objects in the GOBJ array in the KMP, I don't think these have a simple global way to remove their kollision data ...

So I was trying to modify this course (wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/3DURCR_Backyard_Garden) for the Hide and Seek mod. You will get immediately respawned if you are not on track so you can't hide behind trees, etc

I was editing the KCL file and removed every flag that could have been causing being respawned and yet: I still get respawned immediately after I drive off course - so it the surfaces in itself are not causing it.

What else could force being respawned, which file will I need to edit and which tools could be best so there are no out of boundary areas besides air and water?
      You also automatically respawn when you fall down to a height of 0, so depending on the track you might need to move the whole track upwards of you want to drive on the ground below 0.

Wiimms tools can do that as well but I don't remember the command to do that right now.