Help with disconnect issue

Help with disconnect issue

I’m hosting a LAN party soon and I use this code in my Friend Rooms to disable the timer for Character/Vehicle selection and Track vote (mariokartwii.com/showthread.php?tid=154 ). However, if Person A has selected Character/Vehicle/Drift type and is on the “Please wait for other players” screen, and Person B has not yet chosen, after around 3 minutes Person A gets disconnected.

I use this cheat so we can have some breaks in-between races, as otherwise after the race you have to vote for a track within 30 seconds and the next one starts. You could say: race less races in one Grand Prix, but I want to have a large tournament with many rounds. If another solution exists to pause between races (lets say after the results are on screen, press A to continue) that would work as well.

Also, I'm not using wiimmfi (i know they have some countermeasures for stalling) but rather the Brainslug LAN mod from chadderz. I'm pretty sure this behaviour is built into the vanilla game, as it also happened when i ran my own DWC server a while ago. I also loaded the logging module to capture DWC debug messages. This is the output of the Wii that got disconnected rmcp.log:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
      I don't know any off-the-shelf solution for what you're trying to do, except for waiting in the friend room itself between GPs.

I checked the log you posted and the relevant line would be this:

!!DWC_CloseAllConnectionsHard() was called!!

That basically means that the client that this log is from decided to terminate all peer-to-peer connections. The issue is probably a timeout in the stock game, but I have no idea where it is or how to patch it out.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()