Can’t connect since FTTP upgrade

Can’t connect since FTTP upgrade

Bit of a strange one guys, been using both ways to play Mario Kart Wii for a number of years now (DNS way & CTGP via SD) which worked absolutely fine most of the time.

Since iv upgraded my broadband to full fibre to the premise with Sky I cannot connect, constantly getting the 20100 error like it can’t connect to the internet, but it can as CTGP just done its updates OK and the connection test passes. I’ve got a feeling it’s something to with the Sky hub settings, iv changed the wifi settings in the hub from WPA2-PSK to WEP and adjusted in the Wii to suit but when still getting the 20100 error when trying to access the online player mode. Any ideas guys ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von NotMrAngry ()

NotMrAngry schrieb:

Bit of a strange one guys, been using both ways to play Mario Kart Wii for a number of years now (DNS way & CTGP via SD) which worked absolutely fine most of the time.

Since iv upgraded my broadband to full fibre to the premise with Sky I cannot connect, constantly getting the 20100 error like it can’t connect to the internet, but it can as CTGP just done its updates OK and the connection test passes. I’ve got a feeling it’s something to with the Sky hub settings, iv changed the wifi settings in the hub from WPA2-PSK to WEP and adjusted in the Wii to suit but when still getting the 20100 error when trying to access the online player mode. Any ideas guys ?
      Just to confirm, can CTGP not go online too? Sky's typically known for messing with DNS, but this shouldn't affect your access over CTGP-R.
      You could try the steps mentioned at wiimmfi.de/patcher/dnspatch#customdns just to be sure

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Billy549 ()

NotMrAngry schrieb:

Update on this, tried the above to no avail (on a wii btw) but I was certain it was something to do with connecting over wifi since the upgrade so got a LAN adapter and connected straight away hard wired so it will just need to stay hard wired in going forward.

Thanks for the suggestion and help thou guys, appreciated.

A.
      Glad to hear you got it working! LAN is a lot nicer anyway, you should hopefully get faster CTGP updates + potentially less instability. Have a fun time! ^^

I currently host the DLS1, GAMESTATS, and Peerchat server for Wiimmfi. if you have any issues with leaderboards (excluding MKW!), Mystery Gifts or other in-game downloadables, or Pokémon Wi-Fi Plaza, I can try to help!