Troubles connecting the Wii to internet and accessing Wiimfi

Troubles connecting the Wii to internet and accessing Wiimfi

Hello everybody!
      I have connectivity issues, with a new router and wi-fi connection, in my new home… I hope someone can help me, maybe with port mapping or other settings on the Wii?

I'm a regular MKWii player, on my old net, I could always connect without much trouble (sometimes I had to reset my router; and often, while adding FCs to play lounge, Wiimfi would kick me out. Even if frustrating, I could always get back online easily without many disconnections)

But now I have a problem that prevents me from playing...
      I have a new connection, so new modem...

New ISP is EOLO (wireless with antenna).
      Router is "ADB Crow AX VP4412", provided by EOLO.

Router is 40cm away from the Wii, so there is strong signal.

At first, I was having troubles connecting the Wii to this new wi-fi connection. I got 52030 a couple times, on the Wii settings menu, even if the password was correct.
      After 4 or 5 tries, I could eventually connect.
      So I loaded to CTPG channel. Download the latest update successfully, so I tried connecting to Wiimmfi to play online a bit.
      At first I couldn't connect. Then I could finally join a CTWW. Played for like 1 hour, then I was disconnected and couldn't access anymore.

The next day I tried again, but still couldn't access Wiimfi.
      I got these errors: 20100, 86030, 81010, 52030.

I tried disconnecting the Wii and reconnecting from the Wii menu, but then I only got 52030.

My questions-ideas:
      - do I have to reset router everytime and hope it works, or are there any special settings I can change/set on the Wii and/or router? I'd like to have a reliable connection to avoid strikes in Lounge and troubles every time I want to play.
      - is a 2.4 Ghz connection better for my Wii (one of the earliest models, it's not a Wii U)?
      This modem has both enabled, but with the same SSID, and the Wii automatically connects to 2.4 Ghz. I checked it on the router setting page...

Is it still better to split the connections, by renaming the 2 SSID? Would this help?

- Port forwarding: does someone know about this, does it work, which values do I need to set on my router? I can access the router settings.

Thanks a lot for your help - I tried looking for more info online and here but I couldn't find anything that works for my case.
      Almost all the error codes you named are a general disconnection from Wiimmfi that's usually caused by your connection.

If your router is only 40cm away from the Wii I would recommend buying a cheap Wii-compatible LAN adapter like this one (must be AX88772(A) like the one I linked) and just connect the router and the Wii with a LAN cable, that way you'll get rid of all WiFi-related issues.

In general, it is not necessary to periodically reset a router. For WiFi in general, though, there's not many settings in a typical consumer router to make it more reliable.

The Wii only supports 2.4GHz anyways, so it doesn't matter at all if you have a single SSID with both frequencies or if you split it up - the Wii always uses 2.4GHz.

Port forwarding can help if the issues are caused by your router's or your ISP's NAT setup. It doesn't help at all with WiFi issues. Though it can't hurt to set it up.

Your "game port" for Mario Kart Wii is 22000 plus the last three digits of your console serial, so if that's like "LEH12345678[9]" then your port would be 22789. Try to find the port forward settings for your router and add a new entry with external and internal port 22xxx, protocol UDP for your Wii and see if it helps.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Thanks a lot for the support!
      I didn't even think about the LAN adapter, because I could never use one in 15 years :)
      Bought one immediately, I'll try, hopefully it solves the issues.
      Otherwise I'll try the settings you mentioned!
      Thank you
      I now have a LAN connection and it works: Wii connects to internet, CTGP channels loads and connects, but when I access Wiimfi on MKW I get 74030. can't find much about this unfortunately! It seems like "*.master.gs.wiimmfi.de is down." but people are online and I can't access the server somehow. I'll try again in a couple days, or maybe there is a setting to change?
      Thankss

I now get 86420 when looking for rooms even if I set up Port Mapping and/or DMZ

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Streeee ()