You couldn't meet up with this friend. Please wait and try again later.

You couldn't meet up with this friend. Please wait and try again later.

Dear Wii-Homebrew Community,

Hello from Ohio, USA!

My name is Marc and I love to play Mario Kart with my wife (and best friend). We discovered an opportunity to connect via wiimmfi and have successfully done so via two desktop computers. However, when we attempted to connect via our laptops, we ran into some trouble. Here is our setup:

NOTE: we're using a shared nand.bin dumped from an original Nintendo Wii imported into Dolphin [HEAD] 5.0-19870 sourced from flatpak on Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS. The game we are trying to play togeter is called Wiimms MKW-Fun 2022-05.v1.usa [RMCE48]:

Lenovo T460
      Intel® Core™ i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz × 4
      16 GiB RAM
      1.0 TB WD SSD

Please see attached photos for reference.

Any help understanding what we would need to do in order to successfully connect and play together via wiimmfi would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and God bless!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von rebelsong ()

The images you posted aren't visible because links to Google Mail only work for yourself, not for others.

What game mode are you trying? Friend rooms through the friend list, or regional races?

I know that there's some bug that sometimes happens that sometimes prevents people from joining other's regional races through the friend list. If you're currently doing that, try either both just entering "Region 148" (if you want to play regional races where other people could join), or have one person open a friend room and have the other join that (if you don't want other players joining).

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Thank you for your assistance, Leseratte! Your work is a blessing and much appreciated.

After reading your reply, I updated the pictures with links that are visible to the community.

Also, the game mode we're trying to play is essentially as follows:

1. Each of us chooses to connect to Wiimmfi on separate machines as "1 Player"
      2. Now, we must select between "Region 148" or "Friends". We select "Friends".
      3. One of us creates a room while the other waits to join the created room.
      4. The room has been created; the room creator "Waits for Friends".
      5. The room creator's friend suddenly sees a happy face emoji icon pop up just to the right of "Find a Friend".
      5. The friend who attempts to join the created room waits unsuccessfully.

Thank you for reading this far. I've attached some more pictures in line with this post for your reference.

One friend creates a room...

Once the room is created, the room creator waits for their friend to join...

One friend sees that the other friend has created a room and attempts to join the them...

After waiting for about 30-45 seconds, the friend is prompted with the following message...

Thank you for all your help!

NOTE: Despite not being able to connect as Friends in a Friend Room via Wiimmfi, we were successfully able to find each other in Region 148. Thank you for the great suggestion!