Unable to play locally using Wiimmfi on DS.

Unable to play locally using Wiimmfi on DS.

Hello

I want to connect multiple DS consoles to play Mario Kart DS on Wiimmfi with multiple people, but for some reason despite every console successfully connecting, they cannot find each other and initiate a race? A single console will connect and find opponents fine but when a second console is added (or more) it is simply impossible to find anyone. Does anybody have a clue why?

Sometimes when searching using multiple consoles, nothing will happen. Sometimes the spinning wheel on the top screen will freeze, sometimes I will be kicked with an error like 85020, which suggests it would be an interference issue? The behaviour is inconsistent and I am not really sure if any of that information is useful when deciphering why I can't find my other consoles when searching for them.

I've asked others about this, one person said this happened to them but then searching with multiple consoles suddenly began to work again for no reason. Other people have stated the issue doesn't happen for them at all and they can play with their other consoles just fine. Even I've gotten this to work a couple years ago but am now having my issue.

I've tinkered with many of the settings on my router as well to no results or change in behaviour either.

Is there anything I should try in order to get this to work properly?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated :thumbsup:
      I had this issue too. For some reason the MKDS netcode doesn't like other players/consoles when they have the same external IP. So when I gave every DS or emulator it's own external IP (LTE, VPN, ...), they began finding each other like it should.

85020 indicates a firewall blocking certain ports. Got solved for me when the DS was in DMZ or certain ports were forwarded.
      - NumeroFox_503