Automatically disconnecting when joining friend

Automatically disconnecting when joining friend

Hey guys,

I have used Wiimmfi for years now and I never encountered any problem until December 2023.

This is my exact issue I am experiencing:

Me and my brother are unable to play together in the same World Wide when using Dolphin - we both use the newest stable beta version: 5.0-20347.
      Everytime one of us tries to join the other one on a WW, the player who was in the room first, gets disconnected with the message "You were disconnected from the other players" while the other one of us joins the room without any problem. Weirdly, we can play together in a private room, and one of us can play in a WW while the other one is "idle" in the online menu but we can't play together in a world wide. Please note that we used to play a lot together without experiencing any issue.

Before this disconnecting issue came to be, we both used the same nand from our Wii. I thought this might be the problem so I dumped the vWii from my WiiU. I installed the vWii nand in my Dolphin instance while my brother kept on using the Wii nand. After this didn't fix anything, we both "reinstalled" Dolphin (aka deleting every folder and downloading a new) before installing the corresponding nand files again. We still keep disconnecting...

I also thought of the possibilty that the WiFi router causes some random IP issues since we are both on the same WiFi network but then again, we could play for over a year without any problems. Restarting the router didn't help either.
      Also, both Dolphin emulator instances should have the correct MAC adresses in the dolphin.ini file.

Here are the latest Wiimmfi friend codes we used to tried to play together:
      Friend code from the Wii nand: 1938-7587-3179
      Friend code from the vWii nand: 0521-4195-0239

Did anyone ever experience something like this? I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks.