What's With The Pride Flag In Starry Cityscape And The Climate Change/Climate-Helper Narrative In Fiery Factory, Fading Frost?

What's With The Pride Flag In Starry Cityscape And The Climate Change/Climate-Helper Narrative In Fiery Factory, Fading Frost?

I really enjoyed playing your custom tracks and loved your service, but today I played Starry Cityscape for the first time and realized as I was driving around the racecourse (minding my racing business) that, with three arrows pointing directly towards it, is a pride flag on the wall, and not just any pride flag, but one of the most inclusive ones of all.........and, well........why did you do that? This along with Fiery Factory, Fading Frost, has successfully made me never want to play your game again. This is a racing game made mainly for kids; why are you shoving pride flags and climate change in my face while I'm trying to play a game to have a good time and escape from that? Keep that stuff out of your racing video game and away from unsuspecting children and parents while they are playing it, and also, I don't support these pride flags, so that alienates me even more from your game. Why did you suddenly feel the need to inject politics into your game? Why didn't you make a statement on abortion as well before in a race course? And also, so you know, I didn't even get the message of Fiery Factory, Fading Frost when I first played it, so that shows how much I was looking for politics with this game. I also find it funny that you ban people who are joking around naming themselves Hitler or Bitch, but you inject pride flags and climate change narratives into your game; you got your priorities all mixed up here. Also, which pride flag is the one in that course, by the way, I can't quite tell; it looks like the lesbian-gay-bisexual-trans-queer-+ progress pride flag or some version of that which is, I guess, supposed to bring awareness to minority groups of black and brown sorts and people with AIDS/HIV, am I right? Any clarity you could give on this would be great.
      Dateien
      I'm not sure what you're talking about.

We, as in, Wiimm and me, are providing a service for online gameplay (Wiimmfi), and a custom track pack (Wiimms MKW Fun).
      We do not control which tracks other people create and post online publicly, the track you mentioned (Starry Cityscape) is not included in Wiimms MKW Fun, and the screenshot you posted is from a completely different distribution that Wiimm and me (and most others in this forum) have absolutely no control over.

If this track is included in any other custom track pack, and a small rainbow flag triggers you so much that you feel the need to post here, feel free to complain to whoever made the custom track, or the custom track pack you are currently playing (which you didn't name), but this is the wrong place.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

We, as in, Wiimm and me, are providing a service for online gameplay (Wiimmfi), and a custom track pack (Wiimms MKW Fun).
      We do not control which tracks other people create and post online publicly, the track you mentioned (Starry Cityscape) is not included in Wiimms MKW Fun, and the screenshot you posted is from a completely different distribution that Wiimm and me (and most others in this forum) have absolutely no control over.

If this track is included in any other custom track pack, and a small rainbow flag triggers you so much that you feel the need to post here, feel free to complain to whoever made the custom track, or the custom track pack you are currently playing (which you didn't name), but this is the wrong place.
      Thanks for the response. The custom track pack I am playing is CTGP, and I was going to say something about it on their website, but was directed here (by CTGP's website to post about it, so........here I am). I figured you had control over this, so excuse my lack of knowledge. Would Mr. Bean and Chadderz be the ones I should be asking about this, then? They must be the ones that control their custom track pack, right? Also, my concern isn't simply that a rainbow flag was stuck in there; that completely ignores my entire point made above. Also, you must know what I'm talking about, since the pride flag is clearly displayed and my point is pretty clear.
      Yes.

CTGP Revolution is a track pack made by Mr Bean and Chadderz, that uses online services (Wiimmfi) provided by me and Wiimm. The contact page for CTGP links to this forum for stuff related to the online mode, but otherwise, there isn't really many CTGP discussions going on here.

I think Mr. Bean and Chadderz have the final decision on every track that goes into CTGP, but most of the discussion and voting for new tracks (or old tracks to be removed) happens on their discord, from community members.

Though, I can almost guarantee that if you join that discord and start with a rant like this about politics and "unsuspecting children" and climate change, chances are high you're getting kicked fairly soon.

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Leseratte schrieb:

Yes.

CTGP Revolution is a track pack made by Mr Bean and Chadderz, that uses online services (Wiimmfi) provided by me and Wiimm. The contact page for CTGP links to this forum for stuff related to the online mode, but otherwise, there isn't really many CTGP discussions going on here.

I think Mr. Bean and Chadderz have the final decision on every track that goes into CTGP, but most of the discussion and voting for new tracks (or old tracks to be removed) happens on their discord, from community members.

Though, I can almost guarantee that if you join that discord and start with a rant like this about politics and "unsuspecting children" and climate change, chances are high you're getting kicked fairly soon.
      Okay, thanks. Also, don't worry, I have no intentions of joining their discord or going any further with this. Whether Mr Bean and Chadderz decided on these tracks themselves or let their community members decide it for them, I want nothing to do with it. I would also find that incredibly ridiculous for them to kick me off there for providing valid concerns about these things that they allow on there themselves. I kinda regret even having brought this complaint here, since I'm trying to stay off the internet for the vast majority of the rest of my life. So, on that note, thanks for the help, and goodbye.
      Wow...I don't like starry cityscape, but I never noticed this rainbow flag because I'm too concentrated to not fail against other players.

And the factory track...come on. You can interpret it like you want. But as stated above, I don't also think that it was made with this intention. When a little detail triggers you that much, then make your own layout and remove these two tracks. And when this track is randomly selected, reset the console. That's what I do when mushroom peaks is selected because I HATE this track.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von BaamAlex (32. Dezember 2583, 27:35)

mysticc schrieb:

I don't think that "Fiery Factory, Fading Frost" was made with the intention of showing a message about climate change or something like that (unless the author publicly stated so, I dunno.) I guess you *could* interpret it like that, but I highly doubt it was made with that intention.
      I didn't even notice it at first, but I'm almost positive it is, because of the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" and "Bowser Jr. Says No To Microplastics" and "Save Our Icebergs" signs along with the oil slide at one point in the course and the showing of these factories producing all this heat which is in turn fading the frost. I think that's a reasonable interpretation, and it seems that the CTGP people specifically wanted to get political all of a sudden, and that irritates me. Hope that makes sense.

BaamAlex schrieb:

Wow...I don't like starry cityscape, but I never noticed this rainbow flag because I'm too concentrated to not fail against other players.

And the factory track...come on. You can interpret it like you want. But as stated above, I don't also think that it was made with this intention. When a little detail triggers you that much, then make your own layout and remove these two tracks. And when this track is randomly selected, reset the console. That's what I do when mushroom peaks is selected because I HATE this track.
      I didn't even notice the political message of fiery factory at first, but I'm almost positive it is political, because of the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" and "Bowser Jr. Says No To Microplastics" and "Save Our Icebergs" signs along with the oil slide at one point in the course and the showing of these factories producing all this heat which is in turn, it seems, fading the frost in the course. I think that's a reasonable interpretation, and it seems that the CTGP people specifically wanted to get political all of a sudden, and that irritates me. Hope that makes sense. Also, thank you as well for ignoring my point about the rainbow flag. Goodbye.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Mr. Medleys ()

Mr. Medleys schrieb:

BaamAlex schrieb:

I didn't even notice the political message of fiery factory at first, but I'm almost positive it is political, because of the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" and "Bowser Jr. Says No To Microplastics" and "Save Our Icebergs" signs along with the oil slide at one point in the course and the showing of these factories producing all this heat which is in turn, it seems, fading the frost in the course. I think that's a reasonable interpretation, and it seems that the CTGP people specifically wanted to get political all of a sudden, and that irritates me. Hope that makes sense. Also, thank you as well for ignoring my point about the rainbow flag. Goodbye.
      While I'm not wanting to go into how idiotic this post is, there is an alternate route you could take, no? And don't they sort of "give a voice to the community" or whatever by taking votes in one of the Discord servers and the unpopular tracks eventually get removed? Make it that, if that (hilariously enough) makes you mad.