Online games that can't be supported by Wiimmfi

Online games that can't be supported by Wiimmfi

About Wiimmfi itself:

Wiimmfi is a re-implementation of the Gamespy ("Nintendo WFC") servers for online matchmaking as used by Wii games (DS games should be supported as well, but so far there has been a constant lack of feedback to ensure that). This is handled by Wiimm. Any online game that uses additional servers beyond the standard Gamespy ones may lack functionality or more commonly not work at all.

The current list of all games enabled on Wiimmfi for playing or testing can be found at: wiimmfi.de/stat?all=1&test=sep#game

Additional servers that are touched upon in this community are:

The DLS1 server (dls1.nintendowifi.net). This server is used by several games to check for additional files, updates and patches. A re-implementation was created by Sepalani. Ciapa is hosting a generalized version of this which returns a positive answer to any game asking whether its up to date. datschge is hosting a customized version for all PES versions with the goal of eventually offering custom squad updates.

The Gamestats servers (*.gamestats*.gs.nintendowifi.net). This server stores additional data for display in games, such as leader boards, raking lists, match broadcast or Miis of players not online. Ciapa is handling the Gamestats server. Re-implementation needs to be done on a per game basis and is non-trivial as in most cases no network data of the original server necessary for reverse engineering had been preserved.

The WiiConnect24 ("WC24") servers (*.wapp.nintendowifi.net and *.wc24.nintendowifi.net). These are used for diverse forms of message and data exchange between Wiis and Nintendo. This has been looked at by Leseratte. As the messages exchanged are signed, the Wii's NAND needs to be patched to allow for messages not signed by Nintendo itself. This process is non-trivial, so a full implementation that's easily usable by everyone is unlikely at this time.

Games that use prorietary servers and as such are completely out of scope for Wiimmfi:

Games published by EA using servers at *.ea.com (Grand Slam Tennis...)
      Games published by Activision using servers at *.demonware.net (Goldeneye 007, 007: Quantum of Solace, Call of Duty: Black OPs, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3...)
      Games published by Activision using ATVI servers (Call of Duty: World at War...)
      Monster Hunter Tri
      All games requiring Gamestats HTTP

More entries respectively more detailed info about them is always appreciated, please post them below.

Another list of games that either lack testing feedback or access any unsupported servers and as such have been deactvated again can be also shown on the stats page.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von datschge ()

datschge schrieb:

As the messages exchanged are encrypted signed, the Wii's NAND needs to be patched to allow for messages not encrypted signed by Nintendo itself

DevkitPro Archiv (alte Versionen / old versions): wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
      Want to donate for Wiimmfi and Wii-Homebrew.com? Patreon / PayPal

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 0 mal editiert, zuletzt von Leseratte ()

Is there a Wiimmfi Servers TODO list somewhere to see what will be the next major features to be implemented?

As far as I know, games that use proprietary servers are not "completely" out of scope because they may use the Nintendo Servers and the Wiimmfi Servers successfully replace them. The only things missing are the proprietary servers as you stated. I won't be surprised if someone re-implements EA/Deamonware/Capcom/etc... servers beside with Wiimmfi servers.

Sepalani schrieb:

Is there a Wiimmfi Servers TODO list somewhere to see what will be the next major features to be implemented?

Aside that this is likely OT, what are you missing?

Sepalani schrieb:

As far as I know, games that use proprietary servers are not "completely" out of scope because they may use the Nintendo Servers and the Wiimmfi Servers successfully replace them. The only things missing are the proprietary servers as you stated. I won't be surprised if someone re-implements EA/Deamonware/Capcom/etc... servers beside with Wiimmfi servers.

As I stated in the opening post Wiimmfi "is a re-implementation of the Gamespy ("Nintendo WFC") servers for online matchmaking as used by Wii games" so the proprietary server are out of scope for Wiimmfi. If additional servers are needed people are free to implement them as needed, and that's exactly what's happened with DLS1 and Gamestats which are implemented by different people on servers different from Wiimmfi (as mentioned in the opening post). Gamestats is also a good showcase of the hurdles that exist when nobody bothered making network captures (and community feedback is often less than helpful). I'm sure Wiimm doesn't mind anyone setting up and working on additional implementations of proprietary servers, it's just that people deciding to do that need to spend the necessary efforts themselves and not expect e.g. Wiimm or Ciapa to do the work.

Aside from listing games that currently can't be supported with the opening post I also wanted to show how missing support due to missing servers was handled up to now (i.e. with some people stepping forward to implement/host the additional servers necessary) but I guess I failed at making that clear. :P Suggestions for improvements are welcome.
      Isn't ATVI Activision? I should read correctly....
      Anyway, all games requiring Gamestats HTTP are currently NOT playable, since it has to be re-implemented, and, I admit it, I'm too lazy to do it... The community can't/doesn't want to help with the development(e.g. clean, high quality dumps without packet loss or unwanted packets and so on), so there is no way to do this reasonably easy, and I won't reverse engineer all games depending on it...
      14.932 bytes pure destruction.
      @datschge:
      Ok, I misunderstood the title then :vP. In fact, when I read that I thought you said that the games are out of the scope... not the proprietary servers are out of scope. Now it's all clear ^^. Concerning the TODO list, I know that Wiimm worked on the C(++) re-implementation of the different Wiimmfi PHP servers. Now I see the new website features with the new ban system, friend code system, etc... I would like to know what are the next steps he/you planned to improve/fix wiimmfi.

@Ciapa:
      The TCP Gamestats server re-implementation need to communicate with the Wiimmfi server database. I guess this is the same for the HTTP one. For example in Boom Street, it fails to login because the game sends a request to the server, it uses an authtoken and when parsed you can retrieve the profile in the (NAS Server) database. So the Gamestats server will only store the "/data/" and statistics of a player, even though it can also grab additional information with the (NAS Server) Wiimmfi server to complete the request. Because it sends a request per friend in your friend list, when he found a mismatching profile the login fails. When I'll have more time, I'll see with @Dominic if by using a database filled with profiles matching the Wiimmfi one, we can login with friends.
      On the to-do-list is mkw-ana, the cheater-detection- and network-analysing-tool, and on the to-do-list is the implementation of the SAKE server for ghosts and rankings in Mario Kart Wii.

@Sepalani
      The problem with Gamestats HTTP is: it adds an individual checksum at the end of every response, which I don't know how to build(I would need to work trough this, which takes much time)
      And after that, I need to re-implement the original behavior for every game, since they all need other data as response to their request. That's why I used dummy data for mschargedwii, but they don't seem to work anymore(I don't know why).
      If you need help with getting the TCP Server running with a database, I could handle the coding of the whole backend. I just need the base logic for packet handling ported to another language(python will be way to inperformant) like C#(prefered) or C++. I have much snippets, particularly in C#, for various database systems(MySQL, MSSQL and Postgre, to name some), so if you need some help, I could help you with the development and/or the hosting of the server.
      14.932 bytes pure destruction.
      The directory download.wiimm.de/wiimmfi/game-definitions/not-used/ is not longer supported. Disabled games are now integrated into the server statistics page: wiimmfi.de/stat?test=hide&disab=sep#disab

There is also a new error message if a user tries to login with an disabled game:
      23923: Game is disabled

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.
      @Wiimm: When I select "Show all test games seperated" and "Hide disabled games", I still see the disabled games in the list.

Small typos: "never testet" -> "never tested", "don't work" -> "doesn't work", "disbaled" -> "disabled"

Leseratte schrieb:

@Wiimm: When I select "Show all test games seperated" and "Hide disabled games", I still see the disabled games in the list.

Small typos: "never testet" -> "never tested", "don't work" -> "doesn't work", "disbaled" -> "disabled"

really? ;)

WIT: Wiimms ISO Tools
      Verwaltet Plain ISO, WDF, WIA, CISO, WBFS, FST: kann Extrahieren, Erstellen, Patchen, Mischen und Überprüfen

SZS: Wiimms SZS Tools
      Verwaltet SZS-, BRRES-, U8-, BMG-, BREFT-Dateien uvm.

PN ohne persönlichen Charakter werden ignoriert. Support-Anfragen gehören ins Forum.