Unable to update Wii to 4.3e

• Offen

Unable to update Wii to 4.3e

I have been trying to softmod my old wii console for the kids, but hit upon a stubbling block straight away.
      i am unable to upgrade the firmware to 4.3e, getting a message saying that i have the most up to date version for my wii.
      problem is that i cannot find the files and instructions to softmod on the old 4.1e version.

can anyone help or point me to the right direction as I'm new to this but have experience modding the PSP systems.

any help would greatly be appreciated guys. ?(
      Hi Steve.

I had the same problem and initially spent hours trying to update from 4.1e.

I then proceeded as follows:
      1. I copied my savegames on an additional SD card
      2. Then reinitialised the Wii (factory reset, only after that the update to 4.3 was available)
      3. Start the system update
      4. Reinstall the Homebrew Channel etc.
      5. Move the savegames back to the internal memory.
      It doesn't take long and the instructions here in the forum are very detailed.

https://forum.wii-homebrew.com/index.php/Thread/8260-Einleitung-und-Basiswissen/

(I recommend DeepL.com for translation if needed.)

Best regards,
      katonk

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von katonk ()

Sooo, you can get it using a wad file. Click on the spoiler for the things you need to do. WARNING YOUR WII CAN BE BRICKED!!!
      Spoiler anzeigen
      download the NUS downloader here. Now go onto database in the top left and then onto IOS now select IOS 80 v6944 and make sure the option pack wad is on now download it. Now go on database and select System > Systemmenu v514 and download it. Now go into the "title" folder then search for the both wads and copy onto your sdcard
      now go to your wii and install IOS 80 FIRST!!. and then the systemmenu now restart your wii and you have the systemmenu 4.3
      :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :15px-Wiimoteplus.svg: :ccpro: :ccpro: :47px-SensorBar.svg: :wiiwheel: :wiiwheel: :wiiwheel: :wiiwheel: :23px-FrontSD.svg: :33px-WiiWiFi.svg: